If you are concerned about that excess fat that has built up under chin, chin liposuction in Manhattan, NYC can provide the solution. Submental fat is caused by factors such as weight gain, genetics, poor posture, aging. This safe, minimally invasive cosmetic surgical procedure is an ideal way to get rid of a double chin.
Leading plastic surgeons in Manhattan perform chin liposuction using the breakthrough laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex device. The surgeon will first mark the site and numb it using local anesthesia. After making a small incision in the site, the small cannula of the device is inserted into it. Laser energy is delivered directly to the site, liquefying the excess fat. This device features three different wavelengths – 1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm – to liquefy fat, coagulating tissue and tighten skin. In contrast to traditional liposuction which only removes excess fat, chin liposuction in Manhattan, NYC also tightens the excess skin.
Proper post-op care can help with recovery and also promote optimal results. Here are some instructions you need to follow after chin liposuction.
Post-OP Chin Liposuction Instructions
- See your surgeon about five to seven days after the surgery or as scheduled.
- Post-op dressing and chin strap: After the procedure, your surgeon may place a dressing on the site, which will remain in place till the next morning. You may be also required to wear a chin strap for a certain period of time, which can go up to 2 weeks or more. The chin wrap will act as a compressor and reduce swelling and bruising. Make sure that the wrap is not too tight and too loose.
- Initial discomfort: Some discomfort and pain may occur after the procedure and taking the prescribed medications can help you deal with this. Facial drains to reduce blood and fluid buildup in your neck are usually removed after a day or two. A small amount of bloody drainage is common, but if bleeding persists, inform your surgeon.
- Swelling and bruising: Slight swelling and bruising are also normal especially immediately after the procedure. The procedure site might appear larger than before. This will usually resolve in three to four days. Use of the compression garment and application of ice packs can speed up the process.
- Stay hydrated: Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to stay hydrated. Maintaining the right level of hydration is necessary for faster healing.
- Sleep with your head elevated: Sleep on your back with your head elevated by at least 30 degrees for the first few days. You can also use a recliner chair for sleeping.
- Avoid heavy tasks: Giving your body proper rest is important after any procedure. As engaging in heavy tasks can increase risk of complications, avoid strenuous workouts and lifting heavy weights until recovery is complete. On the other hand, you may be able to do light exercises under the guidance of your surgeon for improving blood flow. If you are in a desk job, you may be able to resume work soon.
- Avoid blood thinning medicines like aspirin or ibuprofen and smoking before and after the procedure, as it would increase the risk of bleeding.
- Keep your follow-up appointments: Don’t miss your follow-ups as they help track your progress. If you feel uneasiness or unusual pain or notice any swelling or bruising, inform your surgeon.
Chin liposuction in Manhattan, NYC is a perfect option for getting rid of stubborn fat in the submental area or a double chin. If you are planning to have the procedure, choose a plastic surgery center with AAAASF accreditation that has plastic surgeons who are experienced in performing it. The plastic surgeons in Manhattan will provide the right guidance and provide customized treatment to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.