Laser liposuction in NYC performed using Smartlipo Triplex technology is a safe and effective option to address excess fat and sagging skin in various areas of the body. In addition to areas like the abdomen, arms, and thighs, skilled NYC plastic surgeons use this technique for face contouring. Facial liposuction with this advanced FDA-approved technology can provide dramatic results in the aging face or in younger patients with fat deposits.
Smartlipo is an ideal option for candidates desiring a thinner face but do not want an invasive traditional facelift. It can effectively address unwanted fat under the chin, along the jaw line, and in the neck, cheeks, jowls. However, as with any surgical procedure, proper post-op care is critical to recover smoothly after liposuction.
Many people who have facial liposuction are unaware about the significance of postoperative care. A traditional procedure would involve more recovery time and you may need to arrange assistance for several weeks. On the other hand, recovery time would be shorter for laser liposuction. The facial liposuction recovery process would also depend on whether you had other procedures performed at the same time. Recovery is more straightforward when facial liposuction is performed on its own. So, it’s important to talk to your surgeon about preparing for your post-operative care and plan it appropriately. Here are some important things to know about recovery after this procedure:
- Some mild pain and discomfort is common and can be controlled with OTC or prescription painkillers.
- While reclining, elevate your head and back with pillows for first few days after the surgery.
- Patients need to wear a compression garment to ease swelling after liposuction surgery. Following facial or chin liposuction, you will be advised to wear a chin strap, day and night for at least one week following the treatment.
- Any minor discomfort and minor swelling will subside within 5 days. As the recovery period is shorter and quicker with laser lipo, most patients return to work and normal routine within 24 hours.
- You would be advised to take rest for an entire day following the treatment.
- You should not bend, lift or strain yourself till recovery is complete. Avoid vigorous exercise for several weeks after the surgery. You may be able to do low-impact exercises one week after the treatment.
- Drink adequate amounts of water and fresh fruit juices to prevent dehydration. Avoid salty foods.
- Avoiding alcohol and smoking for a few weeks before and after the surgery is necessary to reduce risk of complications.
- Contact your surgeon immediately if you notice anything unusual, such as any signs of infection.
Planning well ahead for the post-operative period and following your surgeon’s instructions can help you easily overcome any discomfort and risk of complications associated with the procedure. Remember that recovery time would vary among patients based on individual considerations. Make sure you don’t miss your follow-up appointments. Follow-up is crucial to ensure that your surgical incisions are healing properly and there aren’t any complications or abnormalities.
Skilled plastic surgeons providing laser liposuction in NYC have helped hundreds of people look and feel younger by providing them with attractive facial profile. If you are considering facial liposuction, choose an AAAASF accredited plastic surgery facility that has plastic surgeons who are experienced and skilled in performing the procedure using Smartlipo technology.