Women with overly large breasts face both aesthetic and functional issues. In addition to causing social discomfort, breasts that are out of proportion to the body can cause pain in the upper back, shoulders, neck and lower back. Liposuction breast reduction or reduction mammaplasty provides the solution to the concern.
Breast liposuction removes excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin, and results in smaller and more natural-looking breasts that are more proportional to a woman’s body. The procedure also corrects drooping by lifting the breasts and increases projection of the breast at the correct level to the chest wall. Celebrities such as Amber Rose, Stassi Schroeder, Kelly Dodd, and Ariel Winter underwent breast liposuction and consider it one of the best decisions they have ever made.
Breast liposuction can help women with the following concerns:
- Are bothered by feeling that the breasts are too large
- Have breasts that are not equal in size, with one significantly larger than the other
- Struggle to find clothes that fit well
- Bra straps dig into the shoulder
- Look overweight due to having large breasts
- Have rashes under the breasts
- Find sports, household activities, or work physically challenging because of their larger chest
- Deal with postural issues, such as rounding of the upper back
- Have difficulty sleeping
- Experience breathing issues, especially when lying on the back
- Experience pain in your neck, back, or shoulders
Performed under local anesthesia using the minimally-invasive Smartlipo Triplex laser-assisted device, breast liposuction in New York City provides women with smaller breasts that are more proportional to their body. To be a good candidate for liposuction you must
- Be over 21 years of age
- Have fully developed breasts
- Have a significant amount of fatty tissue that needs to be addressed
- Have excellent skin elasticity
- Do not smoke
- Are physically and emotionally healthy
- Have realistic expectations
While the results of breast reduction can be extremely gratifying, not everyone is good candidate. Tumescent breast reduction using local anesthesia is only appropriate for a certain subset of women. The procedure is not suitable for those who are:
- In their early teens and the breasts are still growing
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, intend to breastfeed, or recently stopped breastfeeding
- Are severely obese
- Have an abnormal mammogram or an undiagnosed breast condition
- Have a history of poor wound healing or a clotting disorder
- Have a severe illness or infection
Meeting the criteria for an ideal liposuction candidate is essential to achieve optimal results. The minimally-invasive Smartlipo workstation combines three unique wavelengths – 1064 nm, 1320 nm, and 1440 nm – that can be used individually or blended to melt excess fat and tighten the skin. Smartlipo Triplex offers several advantages over traditional liposuction such as minimal scarring, less swelling, bleeding and bruising, faster healing and quicker recovery, and reduced treatment time and patient downtime. With this FDA approved device, the procedure can be performed under local anesthesia and patients can return home the same day.
Accredited plastic surgery centers offering Smartlipo body laser liposuction in NYC have surgeons who are experts in using the laser-assisted technology to perform the breast reduction procedure. Make sure that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon at the consultation and educate yourself about the procedure to know what exactly will happen during and after the surgery. Reliable surgeons will evaluate your anatomical considerations and goals, and provide customized treatment.