Holiday season is approaching and people are engaged in efforts to look and feel their best. If you recently underwent liposuction in NYC, maintaining your results during this season can be a challenge with the many temptations of calorie-rich foods between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Though liposuction does eliminate fat cells from the body, you need to put in an effort to maintain those results. If you gain weight, new fat cells can develop in other areas and impact the results of your body contouring procedure.
The good news is that you maintain your liposuction results without depriving yourself from of those holiday treats by following some simple tips:
- Stay Active: During the holiday season, you might not get time for your routine exercise. But staying active is very important for maintaining your results. Sneak in a little exercise each day by taking the stairs whenever possible, parking a little further away than usual to get a bit more walking in, walking to and from the neighborhood store instead of driving, and so on.
- Control Portions: To manage and maintain your weight, control food portions. With all those treats on the table, it can be quite a torture not to overeat. Portion awareness is the key to not going overboard on portion sizes. Importantly, stop eating when you feel satisfied. To avoid over-indulging, choose a small plate and fill one half with leafy greens, other veggies and fruits. Fill up the other half of your plate with carbs and proteins. You have to be extra careful with the eggnog as an average glass has 500 calories, and that’s an entire meal. Enjoy your festive drink by substituting regular milk with a healthier alternative like almond milk and replacing the cream with yogurt. The bottom line is to maintain a healthy diet and not let the Thanksgiving dinner ruin that.
- Eat Small Meals More Often: Instead of having a big meal, try to eat several smaller meals during the day. This will help retain a high level of energy while staving off hunger pangs.
- Reduce Alcohol Intake: Alcohol is very calorie dense and can increase your appetite. If you do decide to drink, make sure you set some hard limits. Stick to plain drinks and don’t drink alcohol on an empty stomach.
- Stay Hydrated: Generally, depending on your weight and body size, drink at least eight 8oz glasses of water a day. Staying hydrated helps maintain a healthy metabolism and supports digestion as well.
Getting liposuction in NYC is a great way to get rid of stubborn fat and attain a well-shaped body. Following these tips can help you enjoy long-lasting results.