Excess fat deposits in the buttocks area is a common concern. Aging, hormonal imbalances, obesity, slow metabolism and pregnancy are the main factors that cause fat to accumulate in the buttock area, which can negatively affect a person’s overall appearance. Even strict diets and rigorous workouts often prove ineffective when it comes to reducing fat in the buttocks and achieving that trim and streamlined shape people want. Though conventional liposuction surgery can remove unwanted fat that is resistant to diet and exercise, the procedure is invasive and requires long recovery time. Buttocks liposuction in Manhattan is a minimally invasive procedure can help improve the shape and symmetry of the posterior. Performed using the FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation, the treatment involves using laser energy to remove excess fat, tighten the skin, and reshape the area to provide attractive and natural-looking results.
People planning to undergo the liposuction procedure on the buttocks area must be ideal candidates in order to achieve optimal results. Ideal candidates are those who are close to their normal weight, but have an out of proportion buttock area. Having firm, elastic skin is important. Good candidates are healthy with no underlying medical conditions and have realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure. People who smoke, take blood-thinners (anti-coagulants), suffer from serious liver or kidney diseases, are dealing with heart failure, and pregnant or breast feeding women are not considered good candidates for liposuction.
How Laser-assisted Buttocks Liposuction is Performed
The Smartlipo Triplex workstation utilizes laser energy to dissolve the fat, which allows it to be suctioned off gently. The technique combines the power of three laser wavelengths -1064 nm, 1320 nm and 1440 nm – for effective fat reduction. The technology minimizes damage to surrounding tissues by allowing the surgeon to precisely target the treatment site. The intelligent delivery systems of the device – ThermaGuide, SmartSense and ThermaView – are designed to regulate energy delivery and prevent risks of overtreatment. Other benefits of body contouring in Manhattan include –
- Superior skin tightening effects
- Short treatment time and downtime
- Quick and smooth recovery
- Performed on an outpatient basis
- Involves local anesthesia
- Minimal swelling, bleeding and bruising
- Encourages the production of collagen
Tips for Post-Operative Care
Many people who happen to undergo liposuction are unaware about the significance of proper postoperative care. Proper post-operative care is important for smooth, speedy recovery after buttock liposuction as well as to achieve optimal outcomes. Planning well ahead for the post-operative period and following the plastic surgeon’s instructions can help patients easily overcome any discomfort and risk of complications associated with the procedure. Here are eight tips for faster and smoother recovery after buttocks liposuction –
- Get sufficient rest. Sleep on your stomach for the time advised by your plastic surgeon.
- Wear the compression garment 24X7 for the first two weeks post-op. This will support the surgical site, help circulation and skin shrinkage, and ease swelling.
- Take time off from work, especially if their nature of work requires sitting for long periods of time. It is advisable to get help with meals, hygiene and potential emergencies during the immediate post-op period. Avoid strenuous activities for the first few days after surgery. But, light activities can be resumed within a few days. In fact, walking is encouraged to help promote blood flow after surgery.
- As mild discomfort and pain is quite common after the procedure, take the pain medications prescribed by your surgeon.
- Drink enough water and fresh fruit juice to prevent dehydration.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol can impair the healing and increase the risk of complications, stop for at least two weeks before and after the surgery.
- Any minor discomfort and minor swelling will subside within 5 days. However, there is any sign of infection at the site, contact your plastic surgeon immediately.
- Never apply ice-packs or a heating pad to the treated areas.
If you are planning to undergo buttocks liposuction in Manhattan, choose a reliable AAAASF-accredited practice that offers the services of plastic surgeons who are experienced and skilled in performing the procedure using Smartlipo technology. In a reliable practice, you can expect focused care right from the initial consultation to complete recovery.