Over the last decade, seeking a plastic surgery procedure such as liposuction has become less taboo among men. Many men who have lost weight and are healthy find that isolated pockets of fat persist, especially along the abdomen. Male abdomen liposuction in Manhattan provides the solution to this concern. The procedure helps men get the toned abs that they could not achieve even with rigorous workouts. This cosmetic surgical procedure removes stubborn pockets of fat from abdomen and results in trim, sculpted abdomen.
In leading NYC based plastic surgery facilities, surgeons perform minimally invasive male abdomen liposuction using the FDA-approved laser-assisted Smartlipo workstation. The procedure liquefies and removes subcutaneous fat that lies beneath the skin and on top of the abdominal muscle wall. It also simultaneously tightens the overlying skin to provide a tighter, flatter, and athletic-looking abdomen. Combining three laser wavelengths (1440, 1064 and 1320 nm) with unique patented MultiPlex technology, Smartlipo laser liposuction allows for greater disruption of fat tissues along with outstanding tissue coagulation and skin tightening effects. The device comes with three intelligent delivery systems SmartSense™, ThermaView™ and ThermaGuide™, that delivers the laser energy in the right proportion and prevent over treatment. The key benefits of this minimally invasive procedure include reduced treatment time, minimal bruising, bleeding, pain / discomfort and quick recovery.
Though male abdomen liposuction in Manhattan is a minimally-invasive treatment that can benefit men of all ages, not everyone can undergo the procedure. The treatment is an ideal option only for a candidate who meets the following criteria:
- Is over 18 years of age
- Has localized fat deposits in the abdomen/tummy region that are resistant to diet and regular exercise
- Has healthy skin with good elasticity
- Is in good general health
- Does not have any underlying medical conditions
- Has an ideal body weight
- Does not smoke
- Has realistic expectations about the outcome
The following people are not considered good candidates for male abdomen liposuction:
- Men who are obese and have a long way to go to achieve their ideal BMI
- Men whose weight is not stable, meaning they experience weight fluctuations
- Men who are unhealthy and/or have medical problems that are not well controlled – such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or other conditions that require more urgent treatment
- Men who smoke. Nicotine in cigarettes or use of any other nicotine delivery system (e.g., e-cigarettes or nicotine gum/patch) increases the risk of complications and decrease blood flow to the skin, which in turn might delay healing.
Overall, the best candidates for male abdomen liposuction who are physically fit but have localized fat deposits that are disproportionate to the rest of the body. Good skin elasticity and tone are important to achieve good results. The success of abdomen liposuction also depends on factors such as age, location of the fat, and weight fluctuations. The results of this procedure can last long if the patient follows and maintains a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Men considering abdominal laser liposuction in Manhattan, NYC need to be carefully evaluated by a reliable plastic surgeon to ensure that their overall aim of getting a trimmer, well-shaped midsection can be achieved. If you are considering the treatment, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that provides the services of plastic surgeons who are experts in performing the procedure. After confirming your candidacy, an experienced surgeon will provide individualized treatment to help you achieve your goals.