Smartlipo laser liposuction in NYC is a minimally invasive procedure for reshaping the body by getting rid of excess fat. Many people report a boost in self-confidence and self-esteem after undergoing this procedure. However, you can maintain the results of your liposuction treatment only if you follow a healthy lifestyle and make the right diet choices.
A common doubt that every patient has is whether it is necessary to follow any special diet after liposuction surgery. Depending on your surgeon’s recommendations, you should not consume certain foods after the treatment. As a general rule, you should follow a diet with a sufficient amount of minerals, nutrients, and energy-inducing foods which will accelerate the healing process and help the body recover its strength naturally. A balanced diet will prevent the weight gain that occurs with unhealthy eating habits. Here are some of the best foods to include in your diet post lipolysis:
- Stick to a low sodium diet because elevated levels of sodium may cause inflammation, which will slow down the healing process. Avoiding salty foods for a period of at least 2 to 4 months would be ideal.
- Incorporate lot of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein in your diet.
- Avoid salty, sugary, fatty, processed and packaged foods.
- It is advisable to avoid dehydrated foods and dried fruits which may cause constipation and a heavy feeling.
- Alcohol can interfere with the effects of some medications and cause health issues and delay healing. So avoid alcohol consumption for the first two days after the surgery and also limit alcohol intake during the recovery phase.
- Eat several smaller meals to maintain your energy level throughout the day.
- Drink a sufficient amount of water to avoid dehydration during the day and to help control hunger, maintain a healthy metabolism, and help digestion.
A change in appetite may be experienced after a liposuction procedure. This can be due to the depletion of the Leptin hormone, found in the human body, which is closely connected to regulating energy intake and outflow, including metabolism, appetite and hunger. Leptin is mostly produced by the adipose tissue or fat and the level of circulating leptin is directly proportional to the total amount of fat in the body. When the procedure is carried out, the level of leptin decreases as the fat is suctioned out and this makes you feel hungrier. The body takes some time to adjust this large changes in body fat levels. What you can do is eat wisely according to the instructions given by your plastic surgeon or you will begin to gain weight once again. Though the fat may not come back to the treated areas, it may appear in other parts of the body.
Expert plastic surgeons who perform Smartlipo in NYC educate patients about the treatment and provide answers to all their questions about the pre-surgical and recovery phase. Choosing a reliable plastic surgery facility with experienced surgeons is crucial for safe treatment, smooth recovery, and optimal outcomes.