Smartlipo is one of the most popular body contouring options available for men and women. Like all liposuction treatment, Smartlipo is not a weight loss method. It is designed to remove stubborn pockets of fat that do not respond to diet and exercise. The procedure involves using the FDA-approved laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex workstation to get rid of fat pockets from various areas of the body. This workstation combines the power of three laser wavelengths to provide effective fat removal as well as skin tightening benefits. But to reap all the benefits of Smartlipo, you need to be a good candidate for the procedure. This laser liposuction treatment is an ideal option for adults who meet the following criteria:
- Are healthy – Smartlipo is not recommended for people with chronic health problems, especially those affecting the immune system.
- Are within 30% of their ideal weight and weight has remained stable for at least six months.
- Have fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise. These deposits may be in one or more areas such as thighs, hips, buttocks, abdomen, waist, upper arms, back, inner knee, chest area, cheeks, chin, neck, calves and ankles.
- Have good muscle tone.
- Have good skin tone with only mild to moderate laxity.
- Have realistic expectations, a positive outlook, and specific body contouring goals.
- Do not smoke.
- Have good skin elasticity as this is important for good results.
To determine if you are the right candidate for Smartlipo Triplex laser liposuction, consult a qualified and experienced liposuction surgeon. The surgeon will perform a complete evaluation during your consultation and ask you relevant questions to determine your candidature for the treatment.