Breast enlargement in men or gynecomastia is a common concern. The condition affects their self-confidence and leads them to avoid social events. Excessive accumulation of fat in chest area is typically caused by hereditary factors, obesity and hormone imbalances. This condition can occur at any age. In some cases, treatment is not necessary for flattening the chest. However, in some cases, breast reduction surgery will be recommended. Gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan, NYC is a safe and effective option to address male breast enlargement.
Treatment for Gynecomastia
Before going ahead with the treatment, the plastic surgeon will recommend doing tests to confirm that the condition is gynecomastia. The reason is that enlarged breasts in men can also occur due to breast cancer, even though this is rare.
Liposuction is the gold standard for removing excessive fat from various areas of the body and is also used to address male breast enlargement. However, traditional liposuction surgery involves general anesthesia and requires time for recovery. Fortunately, today, there is a safe and effective minimally-invasive option – Smartlipo Triplex in NYC. This laser liposuction treatment for gynecomastia requires only local anesthesia.
Smartlipo Triplex Liposuction to Address Gynecomastia
Smartlipo Triplex in NYC is a modern variant of traditional liposuction and effective to address gynecomastia. It removes unwanted fat using advanced laser energy. The procedure begins with the surgeon administering local anesthesia and creating a small incision for inserting laser fiber of the Smartlipo device. Laser energy is deliver edusing three alternative laser wavelengths – 1440, 1064 and 1320 – which liquefies the unwanted fat, coagulate tissues and tightens the surrounding skin. The intelligent features of the device allow for only the removal of fat from targeted site and prevent overtreatment. The advantages of Manhattan male laser liposuction surgery are:
- Quick recovery
- Minimal risk of complications
- Less swelling and bleeding
- Minimal scarring
- Stimulates skin to produce additional collagen
- Less surgical trauma and downtime than conventional liposuction
- Long-lasting results
Recovery after Laser Liposuction
Proper pre – and post-surgical care are important for a comfortable surgical experience and smooth recovery. During your consultation, your surgeon will give guidelines for pre – and post-op care. Laser liposuction usually takes less than two hours, though this will depend on the amount of fat that needs to be removed and the extent of area treated. You can return home the same day of the procedure. Most patients return to routine and work within few days. However, it is important not to engage in strenuous activity or carry weights until healing is complete. Key factors to take into account:
- Fluid Diet: You should have a diet plan for before and after procedure. After the procedure, you will be allowed to take only fluid food for few days and change over gradually to solid food. Drink a lot of water in order to keep dehydration away.
- Restricted Physical Activities: Physical activities will be restricted in the initial days. Light walking may be recommended to improve circulation. However, tedious workouts, dancing and so on are not allowed for several days. Consult your surgeon before resuming such activities.
- Compression Garment: Use the compression garment for few weeks after the surgery. It will help reduce swelling and bruising.
- Proper Medication: Take the recommended medication on time and as advised by your surgeon.
- Restrict Alcohol: Avoid alcohol for at least 72 hours before and after the surgery.
- Proper follow-up: Keep your follow-up appointments – this is important for your surgeon to review the results and monitor treatment progress.
- Take care to avoid infection: After the surgery, don’t remove the compression garment Clean your body without wetting the treated site. Carefully inspect the site for signs of infection and contact your surgeon if you find any unusual swelling or bleeding.
If you are considering Manhattan laser liposuction surgery for gynecomastia, find an AAAASF-accredited practice with plastic surgeons who have extensive expertise in the procedure. This is important for safe treatment and optimal results.