Stubborn fat deposits in various areas of the body are a common aesthetic concern for many women. One of the problem areas women struggle with are the buttocks. Fat tends to accumulate in the buttocks due to hormones, aging, pregnancy and slow metabolism. Usually, even strenuous diets and exercise don’t seem to work when it comes to reducing fat in this area. Buttocks liposuction in Manhattan is a perfect option to address this concern and achieve that trim, streamlined shape woman desire. Performed using the minimally-invasive FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation, the treatment involves using laser energy to remove excess fat, tighten the skin, and reshape the area to provide attractive and natural-looking results.
The advanced Smartlipo workstation blends the power of three laser wavelengths – 1064 nm, 1320 nm and 1440 nm – to liquefy fat so that it can be easily removed. By allowing the surgeon to precisely target the treatment site, this technology minimizes damage to surrounding tissues. The intelligent delivery systems of the device – ThermaGuide, SmartSense and ThermaView – are designed to regulate energy delivery and prevent overtreatment.
Benefits of Laser Liposuction
Conventional liposuction can remove unwanted fat but the procedure is invasive and requires long recovery time. Furthermore, it does not provide any skin tightening benefits, and there is an increased possibility of dimpling or sagging after the procedure (specifically in older patients with reduced skin elasticity). Laser liposuction overcomes these concens and offers several benefits–
- High definition body sculpting
- Short treatment time and downtime
- Quick and smooth recovery
- Performed under local anesthesia
- Minimal chances of complications
- Less bleeding and bruising
- Encourages the production of collagen
How to Prepare for Buttocks Laser Liposuction
Women planning to undergo liposuction on the buttocks area need to make sure that they are good candidates for the procedure. Ideal candidates for the procedure are healthy (with no underlying medical conditions) but with an out of proportion buttock area. Candidates also need to have firm, elastic skin.
Many people who have decided to undergo laser liposuction on buttocks are quite unaware about the significance of proper preparation for the treatment. In fact, proper pre and post – operative care is critical for smooth recovery and optimal results. Here are some important pre-operative care tips for Smartlipo buttock liposuction –
- Patients need to get the recommended laboratory tests and medical evaluations to confirm that they are fully fit to undergo the procedure.
- Patients will be asked to quit smoking at least four weeks before and four weeks after the procedure. Nicotine increases risk of complications, reduces blood flow to the skin and delays healing.
- Patients need avoid alcohol two weeks before and two weeks after the procedure.
- Patients need to prepare or make arrangements in their home for post-op recovery such as stocking up on food and other essentials. It would be practical to arrange for someone to help with the initial dressing changes for about 12 hours after the procedure and also to stay the night on the day of the surgery.
- Patients need to follow their plastic surgeon’s advice on stopping or adjusting medications before the procedure. They need to avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements for two weeks before the treatment (as aspirin thins the blood resulting in unnecessary blood loss).
- Patients should not eat anything or drink any fluids after midnight the evening before the surgical procedure (regardless of the type of anesthesia administered).
- If any specific signs of cold, infection, fever or boils/pustules are noticed before the procedure, this should be report immediately to the plastic surgeon.
- Patients should wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes on the day of the procedure.
- It is important to have a compression garment ready and wear it as advised by the plastic surgeon, This will help reduce bleeding and swelling.
Women considering buttocks laser liposuction in Manhattan, NYC must choose a reliable AAAASF-accredited practice. An AAAASF-accredited surgical practice would offer the services of plastic surgeons who are experienced and skilled in performing Smartlipo laser liposuction. A reliable NYC liposuction surgeon will provide patients guidance on preparing for the procedure as well as steps to take during post-up to heal smoothly.