Overly large breasts are a common aesthetic concern among many women. Excessively large breasts can cause physical discomfort by placing a heavy weight on the chest wall, and also restrict regular activities. Breasts that are out of proportion to the body can cause pain in the upper back, shoulders, neck and lower back area. The condition can also affect a woman’s physical and emotional well-being and lifestyle. Breast reduction liposuction in Manhattan is a perfect option to address this problem. Reputable plastic surgery practices in NYC offer minimally-invasive breast reduction liposuction using the Smartlipo Triplex laser-assisted workstation.
Also known as reduction mammaplasty, the procedure removes excess fat, glandular tissue, and skin to create a more aesthetically pleasing, natural looking breasts. Breast liposuction can help women with the following concerns –
- Breasts that are not equal in size (one significantly larger than the other)
- Struggle to find clothes that fit well
- Rashes under the breasts
- Pain in the neck, back, or shoulders
- Look overweight due to having large breasts
- Find sports, household activities, or work physically challenging due to heavy breasts
- Difficulty sleeping
- Breathing issues, especially when lying on the back
- Bra straps dig into the shoulder
Who is an Ideal Candidate?
To be candidate for breast reduction liposuction, you must be at least 21 years of age and have fully developed breasts. Other additional conditions patients need to meet include –
- Have fully developed breasts
- Have a significant amount of fatty tissue
- Have excellent skin elasticity
- Do not smoke
- Are physically and emotionally healthy
- Have realistic expectations about the outcome
The procedure is not recommended for women who are –
- In their early teens and the breasts are still growing
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, intend to breastfeed, or recently stopped breastfeeding
- Are active smokers
- Have an abnormal mammogram or an undiagnosed breast condition
- Have a severe illness or infection
- Have a history of poor wound healing or a clotting disorder
- Are severely obese
How is the Procedure Performed?
The FDA-approved minimally-invasive Smartlipo workstation combines three unique laser wavelengths – 1064 nm, 1320 nm, and 1440 nm – which can be used individually or blended to melt excess fat and tighten the skin. Performed under local anesthesia, the procedure involves making tiny incisions to remove the fatty tissues, tighten the skin, reshape the breasts, and reduce sagging. Other benefits of this procedure include –
- Minimal scarring, less swelling, bleeding and bruising
- Faster healing and quicker recovery
- Reduced treatment time and patient downtime
- Performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure
Recovery will vary from patient to patient depending on the amount of fat removed and other factors. Following the plastic surgeon’s post-op care instructions correctly and planning well ahead for the post-operative recovery period is crucial for smooth and safe recovery. If any unusual changes are noticed in the treated area during the healing process, patients need to contact their plastic surgeon immediately.
If you are considering breast reduction liposuction in Manhattan, choose a reliable AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that provides service of plastic surgeons who are experts in performing the procedure. With an expert Manhattan liposuction surgeon, you can expect end-to-end care and support all through the treatment, right from the initial consultation up to full recovery.