Do you want to improve the definition of your lower legs and calves and achieve a slim, sleek and attractive look? Then consider getting liposuction on calves in New York. Caused by factors such as aging, genetics and weight gain, fat around the ankles usually does not respond to diet or exercises like walking, biking, and so on. Liposuction is a practical way to achieve well-defined, toned calves.
Here are the answers to frequently asked questions about calf liposuction –
What is Calf Liposuction?
Liposuction on calves in NYC is a minimally-invasive laser-assisted procedure performed using the Smartlipo Triplex workstation. Performed using local anesthesia, Smartlipo laser liposuction comes with numerous benefits such as minimal scarring, swelling, bleeding, bruising and pain. Its triple-wavelength laser system liquefies the unwanted fat deposits – so that it can be easily removed and encourages the production of collagen, which provides excellent skin tightening effects.
How is this Procedure Performed?
The procedure starts with the surgeon administering local anesthesia at the site. Once the area is numb, a tiny incision is made in the area. The device’s small cannula is inserted through this incision and laser energy is delivered directly to the fat, which liquefies it and allows it be suctioned off using a small cannula. By directing the energy to the area beneath the surface of the skin, the technique also encourages the development of collagen, which results in a tighter, more toned appearance overall.
One of the major benefits of Smartlipo calf liposuction is that the procedure removes the excess fat without harming the surrounding structures such as blood vessels, nerves and lymphatics, making it an ideal option for liposuction on calves. It also comes with intelligent delivery systems which constantly monitor skin temperature and deliver safe levels of energy to prevent overtreatment.
What are the Benefits of Laser Liposuction?
The key benefits of laser liposuction on calves in New York are
- Safe and effective minimally-invasive procedure
- Outpatient procedure under local anesthesia
- Provides slimmer lower legs as well as proportional, well-defined calves/ankles
- Improves definition of the calf muscles and Achilles tendon
- Short treatment time and downtime
- Proven skin tightening effects
- Less bleeding and bruising
- Minimal scarring
- Quick recovery
- Long-lasting results
Am I A Good Candidate for Liposuction on Calves?
Though the procedure is minimally-invasive, not everyone is an ideal candidate for liposuction on calves. To benefit from the treatment, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Have localized thickness or have significant fat deposits in specific regions of the calves (like lower lateral fibular, medial tibial, or the ankle area)
- Be in good physical health
- Have a BMI of 30 or less
- Be a non-smoker
- Have good skin tone
- Have realistic expectations about the outcome
What should I Know about Recovery?
Though the calf liposuction is a minimally invasive treatment, it is still a surgery and requires proper post-operative care. For smooth recovery and optimal outcomes, patients need to diligently follow their plastic surgeon’s post-op instructions. Here are important liposuction aftercare instructions you need to follow:
- Wear the compression garment as it will help reduce swelling, improve blood circulation, flush out of harmful fluids, and speed up the healing process.
- Take the prescribed pain relief medication to ease pain, discomfort and tenderness in the area.
- Light walking may be recommended on the day after surgery, but don’t overdo it.
- Avoid heavy activities like lifting or those involving physical or mental stress, especially during the first two weeks after surgery.
- Stay hydrated.
- Shower only 24 hours after the surgery.
- Follow a balanced diet
- Get plenty of rest.
- Do not use aspirin-containing products for at least a week.
- Quit smoking
- Avoid alcohol for few days, as it may prolong healing time and increase risk of complications.
- Clean the incisions every day, apply the prescribed antibiotic ointment, and change the dressing.
- Keep your follow-up appointments with your surgeon to ensure that your recovery is progressing smoothly.
Your surgeons will provide detailed information about drains, normal symptoms, and potential signs of complications.
How Long will Recovery Take?
Depending on the amount of fat removed and the overall length of the procedure, the recovery time after calf liposuction of every individual will vary. Most patients return to work within a few days, though this depends on your occupation. Results also may vary from patient to patient. So it’s important to have realistic expectations about the outcome. However, weight gain can affect the results, therefore stick to a healthy lifestyle after the procedure to enjoy long-lasting results.
If you are considering liposuction on calves in New York, choose a surgeon who has extensive experience in performing the procedure using Smartlipo technology. In an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice, you can expect end-to-end care and support all through the treatment and until you have fully recovered.