Exercise and diet can help you lose weight, but these strategies usually do not work when it comes to rid of stubborn fat in areas such as the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, and so on. More and more people are choosing to have liposuction to address this aesthetic issue. Today, plastic surgeons in NYC offer SmartLipo Triplex laser liposuction, a minimally-invasive procedure that is less traumatic than traditional liposuction surgery. This FDA-approved liposuction treatment is performed using local anesthesia, provides superior outcomes and helps candidates achieve a more well-defined, attractive body.
After liposuction, many people think that the fat removed is gone forever. However, the truth is that while the procedure helped you achieve a trimmer look than before, your outcomes will be affected if you gain weight due to lack of exercise and poor eating habits. If you’ve just had liposuction, holiday weight gain can be a major challenge. A 2015 study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found that people gain about a pound from November to January. The key to maintaining your results after liposuction is to commit to a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and a proper diet.
Here are some strategies to help you stay on track and avoid weight gain during the holidays:
- Exercise regularly: It is best to avoid vigorous exercise when you are recovering from your liposuction treatment. Walk as much as possible in the days and weeks following your surgery. This will help prevent blood clots and other complications, and speed up recovery too. After the healing process is complete, your surgeon will recommend resuming your regular exercise regimen. Start by doing aerobic exercises, resistance exercises, and other workouts, as permitted. Exercise can also offset blood sugar spikes if you happen to overeat.
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle: Sitting for extended periods of time will lead to weight gain. Stand up and move around, and walk around when you’re on the phone. Limit watching TV and the use of computer, and use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Drink sufficient water: Drink enough water every day to maintain your energy levels and prevent hunger that can lead to snacking. Proper hydration is essential to maintain your metabolism and help digestion. Drink a glass of water when you feel like snacking and you’ll be surprised to see how much it helps your hunger and cravings, and in the process, keep your weight stable.
- Eat healthy: The benefits of exercise cannot be experienced if it is not accompanied by a healthy diet. In general, you need to include more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein in your diet. Reduce the intake of sugars, saturated fats, processed foods, and simple carbohydrates. Eat plenty of fiber-rich foods. Focus on cooking methods like boiling, broiling, and baking instead of frying or using a lot of butter. You can eat your favorite dessert, but don’t binge, eat just what will satisfy you.
- Eat smaller meals more often: Instead of having three big three meals, eat 5-7 smaller meals during the day. This can help avoid the mid-morning or afternoon snack you typically have when you get hungry. Small meals more often can also help you maintain even energy levels. You can depend on many fitness and calorie-tracking apps that lets you know how often and how much you eat day to day.
- Skip alcohol: Cocktails are full of extra sugar and calories, and will expand your waistline. Rather than drinking alcohol, stick to unsweet tea or water. Water is not only calorie-free but also it is the best thing that you can drink for your weight and health. A recent article from the Academy of Culinary Nutrition recommends healthy mocktails over alcohol. Blend or infuse a healthy, delicious mocktail using whole ingredients like fruits, natural sweeteners, herbs, bitters or fermented foods, says the article.
With just a little effort and dedication, these strategies can help you maintain your liposuction results and enjoy your new contours for a long time.
If you are considering Smartlipo Triplex in NYC, it is crucial to approach an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that has surgeons with extensive experience and skill in performing this laser-assisted liposuction treatment. They will help you achieve a well-shaped body and provide the right guidance on how to ensure long-lasting results after liposuction treatment.