For most women, the buttocks are a problem area where fat tends to accumulate, and this has a negative impact on their overall appearance. Diet and exercise often prove futile when it comes to reducing fat in the buttocks and achieving the trim, streamlined shape you want. Laser liposuction in NYC, a minimally invasive procedure performed using the FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation, can improve the shape and symmetry of the posterior. This buttocks liposuction treatment involves using laser energy to remove excess fat, tighten the skin, and reshape the area to provide attractive and natural-looking results.
The amount of fat to be removed is determined by the desired post-op size, elasticity of the skin, and the skin’s ability to adjust to the new contour. Smartlipo of the buttocks focuses on removing excess fat in the upper-outer buttock, makes it look wider and flatter. Reliable plastic surgeons advise that instead of the actual butt cheek, most patients would benefit from upper-outer buttocks, outer thigh, and/or hip-flank area liposuction. To obtain optimal outcome, you should be an ideal candidate for buttock liposuction. The right candidates can expect to achieve smooth results with a pleasing reduction in the size and volume of the buttocks.
As with plastic surgery procedure, proper post-op care is critical to recover smoothly after buttock liposuction as well as to achieve optimal outcomes. However, many people who have liposuction on buttocks are unaware about the significance of proper postoperative care. A traditional procedure would involve more recovery time and you may need to arrange assistance for several weeks. On the other hand, recovery time would be shorter for laser liposuction. It’s important to talk to your surgeon about preparing for your post-operative care and plan it appropriately. Here are some important things to know about recovery after the procedure:
- Patients would be advised to wear compression garment 24X7 for the first two weeks post-op. This will support the surgical site, help circulation and skin shrinkage, and ease swelling.
- Patients should expect to take several days off from work, especially if it requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Having an assistance or caregiver during the immediate post-op period would help with meals, hygiene and potential emergencies.
- Patients have to take adequate rest and sleep on their stomachs till the time advised by their surgeon.
- They should avoid strenuous activities for the first few days after surgery, but can return to light normal daily activities within a few days. Walking is encouraged to help promote good blood flow.
- To increase circulation and relax the muscles, massage is a great option. If done appropriately, post-op massage can help reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation, and promote correct healing.
- Take the pain medications prescribed by your surgeon, because some mild discomfort and pain would be common.
- Do not apply ice-packs or a heating pad to the treated areas.
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption before and two weeks after surgery as it can impair the healing and increases the risk of complication.
- Any minor discomfort and minor swelling will subside within 5 days.
- Drink adequate amounts of water and fresh fruit juice to prevent dehydration.
- Contact your surgeon immediately if you notice anything unusual, such as any signs of infection.
When the swelling has subsided, typically in about one month, successful buttock liposuction will result in a beautifully contoured posterior. Recovery time can vary depending on the amount of fat removed, with some patients recovering quickly over a week and taking up to three months for pain and discomfort to improve or resolve with more extensive liposuction.
Planning ahead for the post-operative period and following your surgeon’s instructions can help you easily overcome any discomfort and risk of complications associated with the procedure. Make sure that you don’t miss your follow-up appointments after surgery as this is crucial to ensure that you are healing properly, without any complications or abnormalities.
AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practices offer Smartlipo in NYC. Choose a practice with plastic surgeons who are experienced and skilled in performing buttocks liposuction. A skilled surgeon would see that the right amount of fat is removed so that there is no risk of visible and/or conspicuous rippling and sagging appearance.