Stubborn fat pockets are a common aesthetic concern. The body tends to store more fat in certain areas, an occurrence attributed to hormones. One of the problem areas women struggle with are the buttocks. Fortunately, buttocks liposuction provides the solution by removing unwanted the fat and restoring natural shape.
Hormones, pregnancy, aging, and slow metabolism are the main factors causing fat to accumulate in the buttocks and negatively impact their overall appearance. Buttock liposuction can now be performed using the minimally-invasive, FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation. The treatment involves using laser energy to remove excess fat, tighten the skin, and reshape the area to provide attractive and natural-looking results.
However, many people who have decided to get liposuction on buttocks are unaware about the significance of proper pre-operative preparation. As with any plastic surgery procedure, proper pre- and post-op care is critical to recover smoothly after buttock liposuction and obtain optimal results. Here are some important things to know about pre-operative care for Smartlipo buttock liposuction:
- You will need to get recommended lab tests and a medical evaluation to check if they are fit to undergo the procedure.
- You should follow your surgeon’s advice on stopping or adjusting medications before the procedure.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements for two weeks before the treatment. Aspirin thins the blood and this can result in unnecessary blood loss.
- You would be asked to quit smoking four weeks before and four weeks after your procedure. This preparation is very important because nicotine increases risk of complications, decreases blood flow to the skin and may delay healing.
- Do not eat or drink any fluids after midnight the evening before your surgery, regardless of type of anesthetic: local/general.
- Stop drinking alcohol for two days before and two days after the procedure as it can interfere with the anesthetic you are given.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes on the day of the procedure.
- If you notice anysigns of cold, infection, boils/pustules, or fever before the procedure, report this to your plastic surgeon immediately.
- Arrange for a person to accompany you home after the procedure. Having an assistance or caregiver during the immediate post-op period would help with meals, hygiene and potential emergencies.
- Have a compression garment ready and wear it as advised as it will help reduce bleeding and swelling.
- Take sufficient time off from your work, especially if your work demands more time sitting.
- Practice sleeping on the stomach as after liposuction on buttocks, patients will be asked to sleep on their stomachs until they are told otherwise.
Laser liposuction is a safe and effective way to remove excess fat and improve the shape and symmetry of the posterior. The advanced Smartlipo workstation blends the power of three laser wavelengths – 1064 nm, 1320 nm and 1440 nm – to liquefy fat so that it can be easily removed. By allowing the surgeon to precisely target the treatment site, this technology minimizes damage to surrounding tissues. The intelligent delivery systems of the device – ThermaGuide, SmartSense and ThermaView – are designed to regulate energy delivery and prevent overtreatment.
The amount of fat to be removed is determined by the desired post-op size, elasticity of the skin, and the skin’s ability to adjust to the new contour. Buttocks liposuction focuses on removing excess fat in the upper-outer buttock, makes it look wider and flatter. The surgeon may recommend liposuction of the hips and inner and outer thighs to optimize outcomes. The right candidate can expect to achieve smooth results with a pleasing reduction in the size and volume of the buttocks.
For your treatment, choose a reliable AAAASF-accredited practice that offers Smartlipo in NYC. It’s important to talk to your surgeon about preparing for your procedure and plan it appropriately. A reliable NYC liposuction surgeon will provide satisfactory answers to your questions as well as valuable guidance to help you take an informed decision.