As people age, their bodies change. Men’s bodies specifically alter significantly as they age, particularly throughout puberty. Gynecomastia, or the development of larger breasts as men mature, is the most typical change in some men. This condition is also known as “man boobs.” Gynecomastia treatment in NYC is the most effective technique to correct this condition.
Gynecomastia, which affects more than half of men worldwide, is characterized by the presence of extra tissue in or an expansion of the breasts. Even though it is not a serious ailment, men’s self-esteem can be severely and significantly impacted. Men typically start wearing loose-fitting shirts as a result in order to blend in.
Gynecomastia could be the result of abnormal hormone changes, any condition that causes an increase in the ration of estrogens/androgens. Estrogen, the hormone that regulates breast growth, is typically only produced in modest amounts by male bodies. Your breasts may expand if you have excessive estrogen production in your body. Due to too much fatty tissue, some obese people experience enlargement of the breasts and this condition is called Pseudogynecomastia.
Smartlipo Treatment for Gynecomastia
A laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex workstation is used to carry out the minimally invasive gynecomastia treatment. The Smartlipo laser liposuction device employs three strong laser wavelengths to melt the excess body fat. Targeting the fat cells with laser radiation causes the tough extra fat to dissolve, making it simple to remove. Only small incisions are needed because the process is minimally invasive. This cutting-edge technology makes liposuction a viable option because the laser energy also encourages stronger skin contraction. The device’s sophisticated features enable customized energy delivery and guard against overtreatment.
Some Myths about Gynecomastia
Just as for many other health conditions, there is a lot of misunderstanding about gynecomastia.
Here are six of these gynecomastia myths.
- Gynecomastia is merely fat accumulation: Gynecomastia is caused by ‘additional’ breast tissue proliferating or growing, not fat. Exercise or dieting to lose weight won’t help get rid of the extra tissue. Pseudogynecomastia (false man boobs) is frequently mistaken for real gynecomastia or mixed gynecomastia. Gynecomastia is more common, however pseudogynecomastia is a disorder induced by fat accumulation in the breast brought on by obesity.
- Man boobs can be reduced with diet and activity: Exercise and food may to some extent affect the fatty tissues in mixed gynecomastia. The increased glandular tissue won’t be impacted, though. Gynecomastia cannot be cured by exercise, but it may help to bulk up or define the pectoralis. Instead, it advances it and makes the man boobs more noticeable.
- Only elderly guys are afflicted with gynecomastia: Many people think that gynecomastia only affects those who are older. But this is untrue. Gynecomastia can happen at any age, although it is true that older men seem to have a higher risk of acquiring it than younger ones. More than 50 percent of newborns have larger breasts. The mother’s estrogen is to blame for the growth in breast size. After giving delivery, the enlarged breast usually goes away in two to three weeks. Similar hormonal changes that take place throughout puberty might also lead to gynecomastia. The illness often appears between the ages of 10 and 12 and is most prevalent between 13 and 14 and lasts longer than 17 years.
- An imbalance of hormones is to blame: Gynecomastia is primarily brought on by hormonal imbalances, specifically a drop in testosterone levels and a rise in estrogen levels. However, a number of other factors may also be at play. Prescription medicines, alcohol usage, age, heredity, anabolic steroid abuse, a considerable loss of body weight, and medical disorders including testicular failure or pituitary gland issue are a few of these risk factors.
- Gynecomastia goes away on its own: It is a prevalent misperception that gynecomastia can be reduced by working out harder and doing chest-focused workouts. This is only true when pseudogynecomastia the buildup of extra fat in the chest region has caused the breasts to expand. Gynecomastia, on the other hand, results from the overgrowth of breast tissue and cannot be treated with exercise or a change in diet. Gynecomastia occasionally goes away on its own as soon as the hormonal imbalance is treated, according to observation. However, surgical intervention is typically needed to treat the disease.
- Pills, low-energy lasers, and fat-freezing can all be beneficial: Regrettably, oral medications and non-invasive therapies are widely advertised online as ‘reducing’ gynecomastia. None of these statements are supported by scientific research. Weight-loss medications may lower total body fat level, but they have no effect on the glandular aspect of gynecomastia. Although non-invasive procedures like fat freezing and low-energy laser may partially reduce chest fat, they cannot remove glandular tissue. Only gynecomastia surgery can permanently return the male chest to normal, providing patients with significant physical and psychological relief.
Get rid of man boobs with Gynecomastia treatment.
Call us at 1-888-869-2762 for more details.
For increasing awareness and fostering a better knowledge of gynecomastia, it is essential to dispel these myths. Men may experience physical and psychological effects from gynecomastia, which is a real medical concern. Gynecomastia treatment in NYC is a secure and efficient approach to permanently address the condition. A skilled plastic surgeon can help you prepare for the treatment, perform the treatment and achieve the desired results.