Calves and ankles (cankles) are the toughest areas of fat accumulation and it affects overall aesthetics, especially when you wear clothes that expose your lower legs. Cankles occur when fat deposits build up in the calf and ankles and cause swelling. The stubborn fat pockets in these areas just refuse to go by any weight reducing means, because these areas are genetically prone to fat accumulation which is very hard to break. Other factors for the persisting swelling could be obesity, water retention and edema during pregnancy. People with stubborn cankles that are resistant to diet and exercises can consider cosmetic surgery, ankle liposuction in New York City. Reliable plastic surgeons perform this procedure using advanced Smartlipo laser technology, which is minimally invasive, safe and effective, resulting in tapering, slimmer lower legs.
Though commonly seen in women, men can also develop cankles. Smartlipo in NYC is one of the most popular body contouring options available for both men and women. Like all liposuction treatments, Smartlipo is not a weight loss method; instead it is designed to remove stubborn pockets of fat that do not respond to diet and exercise. This triple-wavelength laser system liquefies the unwanted fat deposits so that they can be easily removed. One of the major advantages of laser lipolysis is that it encourages the production of collagen, which provides excellent skin tightening effects. It comes with certain benefits such as minimal scarring, swelling, bleeding, bruising and pain as well as short treatment time and downtime, faster healing, and speedy recovery.
But to reap all these benefits of ankle liposuction using Smartlipo, you need to be a good candidate for the procedure. This laser liposuction treatment is an ideal option for adults who meet the following criteria:
- Have fat and bulky calves, as well as thick and poorly defined ankles
- Have circumferentially heavy legs or those whose entire legs are fat as a whole
- Have localized thickness or have significant fat deposits in specific regions of the calves such as the lower lateral fibular, medial tibial, or the ankle area
- If their pinch test results are higher than the minimum 2cm in the calves and 1cm in the ankles
- Should be 20 – 30 years of age with good skin tone
- Older individuals with good skin tone
- Have realistic expectations about what liposuction can achieve
- Have good skin elasticity with no sun damage or sagging
- Have a positive outlook, and specific body contouring goals
- Be in good health
However, it is also important to know those who are not good candidates for Smartlipo ankle liposuction (www.liposuctiontummytuck.in). You are not a good candidate if you have:
- A history of hyper-coagulation including deep venous thrombosis or thromboembolic events
- Active phlebitis
- Signs of a tendency toward venous insufficiency & edema
- Larger lower extremities secondary to hypertrophy of muscle tissue
The procedure is carried out after determining your candidature for liposuction on ankles. Smartlipo Triplex uses laser energy to liquefy the unwanted fat tissues so that they can be suctioned out smoothly, while tightening the loose skin for an improved outcome. The SmartSense™, ThermaGuide™ and ThermaView™ delivery systems of this laser workstation prevent overheating and minimize the risk of injury or trauma to the skin.
However, individuals considering ankle liposuction should be carefully evaluated by a reliable plastic surgeon to ensure that their overall aim of getting lean, sculpted legs can be achieved safely and effectively.
If you are considering ankle liposuction in New York City, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that offers liposuction using Smartlipo, and has experienced and skilled plastic surgeons. As the ankles are a delicate area, good results depend on the surgeon’s skill and experience in Smartlipo laser liposuction. If required, liposuction on thighs and knees may be recommended in conjunction with ankle liposuction surgery to tone the entire leg and enhance the outcome.