Ankles (cankles) and calves are a common area for fat accumulation. Cankles – a straight lower leg with no curve due to lack of proper distinction between the calf and ankle – occur when fat deposits build up in the calf and ankles, affecting a woman’s overall physical appearance, especially when wearing clothes that expose the lower legs. The fat pockets in these areas are resistant to diet and exercise. Fortunately, ankle liposuction in New York City offers an ideal way to get rid of those troublesome cankles. Reputable plastic surgery practices provide ankle sculpting using the advanced SmartLipo Triplex system.
The laser liposuction surgery involves making tiny incisions in specific area – at the ankles and calves – to deliver laser energy and liquefy excess fat deposits. The FDA-approved minimally invasive Smartlipo Triplex workstation comes with three laser wavelengths (1064 nm, 1320 nm, and 1440 nm) that work to liquefy fat, coagulate the tissues and tighten the loose skin for the best results. The intelligent delivery systems constantly monitor skin temperature and deliver safe levels of energy to prevent overtreatment. One of the major advantages of laser lipolysis is that it encourages the production of collagen, which provides excellent skin tightening effects. The hi def laser liposuction in New York City comes with certain key benefits like –
- Short treatment time
- Reduced downtime
- Proven skin tightening effects
- Outpatient procedure under local anesthesia
- Less bleeding and bruising
To reap all the benefits of ankle liposuction, patient selection is an important aspect. The procedure is an ideal option for adults who meet the following criteria –
- Have fat and bulky calves, as well as thick and poorly defined ankles
- Have localized thickness or have significant fat deposits in specific regions of the calves (like lower lateral fibular, medial tibial, or the ankle area)
- Should be 20 – 30 years of age with good skin tone
- Have realistic expectations about the procedure
- Have good skin elasticity with no sun damage or sagging
- Are in good health with ideal body weight
A person is not a good candidate for this treatment if they have –
- Signs of a tendency toward venous insufficiency and edema
- Larger lower extremities secondary to hypertrophy of muscle tissue
- Active phlebitis
- A history of hyper-coagulation including deep venous thrombosis or thromboembolic events
Most patients can return to work within a few days (though this may depend on the nature of their work or occupation). The final results of the procedure may vary from patient to patient. As weight gain can affect liposuction results, it is important to stick to a healthy lifestyle after undergoing the procedure. Aftercare involves wearing a compression garment around the treatment area and avoiding strenuous activities for the initial, few days. Plastic surgeons may prescribe pain medications for managing severe pain or other discomfort.
People considering laser liposuction surgery in New York City must choose a reputable and AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice. An accredited plastic surgery practice specialized in laser liposuction would offer the services of plastic surgeons who are skilled in using Smartlipo technology to perform the procedure. In such practices, patients can also expect end-to-end care and support all through the treatment till full recovery.