Many men and women who find that diet and exercise fail to get rid of unwanted fat opt for laser liposuction treatment. This minimally-invasive cosmetic surgical procedure is performed using the FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex laser workstation.
This innovative technology combines safety with efficiency, allowing the plastic surgeon to liquefy the fat tissues and suction them off. The treatment works to address fat deposits in almost all areas of the body and you can enjoy dramatic results relatively soon – without the concerns of traditional invasive surgery. Following your surgeon’s instructions is crucial for smooth recovery and optimal outcomes. Here are some important things that you need to know about preparing for and recovering from the procedure:
- You would be advised to refrain from smoking for about two weeks before and after the treatment. This is important to minimize the risk of necrotic tissue or dead tissue.
- Have a wash using anti-bacterial soap before the procedure to reduce the risk of infections.
- You will be advised about which medications you use can be continued and which need to be stopped till your treatment is complete.
- You should stop sunbathing and using self-tanning products or tanning booths at least two weeks prior to surgery.
- Follow a healthy diet to stay fit and avoid unwanted complications.
- Make your home post-operative ready before you have the procedure and arrange for someone to accompany you to the surgeon’s office on the day of the treatment.
Smartlipo Triplex laser liposuction treatment usually does not have serious side effects and in normal cases, patients experience only minimal pain and discomfort.
- Most patients resume normal activities in one to two days after the procedure.
- Start more vigorous activity slowly, based on how your body can tolerate it.
- Avoid strenuous activities and exercise till complete recovery.
- Once you recover, following a healthy life style with proper diet and exercise to maintain the results.
The surgeon will perform a detailed evaluation during the consultation and give you specific instructions about preparation and recovery, depending on your concerns, health, and lifestyle.