For many men, consistent exercise and a good diet are the keys to getting the body they want. However, despite their best efforts, some men discover that even after adopting healthy living habits, they still have pockets of stubborn fat. When diet and exercise fail to produce the desired effects, more and more men are now turning to liposuction treatment to get rid of excess fat. Laser liposuction in Manhattan is a safe and effective option to get body you want.
Laser liposuction, also known as laser lipolysis, is a minimally invasive procedure that uses laser energy to break down and liquefy fat cells in specific areas of the body. It is typically performed using local anesthesia, so the patient is awake during the procedure. The procedure is usually done on an outpatient basis and the patient can return home the same day. The benefits of laser liposuction for men include:
- Minimally invasive: Laser liposuction involves only tiny incisions unlike traditional liposuction surgery which requires long incisions.
- Quick recovery: Laser liposuction comes with minimal pain, bruising and swelling and has a shorter recovery time, allowing patients to return to their normal activities soon.
- Less scarring: Laser liposuction results in less scarring, as the incisions are smaller and less noticeable.
- Precise results: Laser liposuction can be used to target specific areas of fat, allowing for precise results.
- Improved skin tone: Laser liposuction can also help to improve the tone and texture of the skin in the treated area, resulting in a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Why do men get laser liposuction?
Here are the top four factors that motivate men to get liposuction:
- To sculpt the chest: Gynecomastia or extra fat tissue buildup on the chest, affects a high percentage of males. Liposuction can address the condition. A sagging, obese male chest can be successfully treated and tightened using laser liposuction. Laser liposuction removes unwanted fat and tightens the skin around the treated area as well, resulting in a toned, taut appearance.
- To get rid of love handles: Nobody likes flabby flanks or love handles. Liposuction is a great option to get rid of love handles. Even with a strict diet and regular exercise, you might not notice much fat loss in the waist. You can get rid of love handles permanently with liposuction and get an attractive, sleek waist.
- Reduce a protruding belly: Men frequently develop additional abdominal fat. To help you get closer to the six-pack you’ve been working so hard to attain through exercise and diet, liposuction can be used to target the subcutaneous fat in the midsection.
- Get a toned physique: Although liposuction is not a weight-loss method, it can improve your outcomes once you have reached a healthy weight. To find out where liposuction can help you achieve better proportions, discuss your “problem” areas with your surgeon.
- Minimally invasive and comfortable: Men who choose laser liposuction will have the surgery done in the convenience of their liposuction surgeon’s office. The procedure requires only a local anesthetic to numb the targeted site. Laser energy will be delivered to dissolve the fat making it easy to remove using a microcannula. Bleeding and swelling are minimal as the laser will also coagulate the small blood vessels. The treatment also results in smoother and firmer skin as result of new collagen formation and skin retraction.
- Quick recovery: Laser liposuction is a painless procedure that leaves patients with little bruises. Most patients return to their regular daily activities within 24 hours following the surgery, though bruising may take 2-3 days to improve. Most patients experience just minor bruising, which can be easily managed with over-the-counter pain relievers. Keeping follow-up appointments will help the surgeon monitor the recovery process. Patients will be advised to wear a compression garment to reduce swelling.
Laser liposuction in Manhattan is performed using the Smartlipo Triplex device which uses three laser wavelengths to melt and remove excess fat from the body. The procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia. It is important to note that laser liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, and is best suited for men who are at or near their ideal body weight but have pockets of excess fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. It is also important to have realistic expectations about the results of the procedure, and maintain a healthy lifestyle for long-lasting outcomes.