Facial cosmetic surgery has gained popularity in recent years. People want to improve and rejuvenate their appearance to boost their self-confidence. Facial liposuction in NYC focuses on removing underlying fat deposits and sculpting the face to provide a well-shaped profile. Typically caused by weight gain, aging and genetics, facial fat is very difficult to get rid of with just diet and exercise.
Performed using advanced FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex technology, facial liposuction for women in NYC can provide dramatic results in both younger and older patients. It addresses signs of aging on the chin and neck, such as sagging skin and excess fat. This cosmetic surgical procedure rejuvenates your appearance by getting rid of unwanted fat and tightening the skin. Skilled surgeons utilize the capabilities of the device to remove unwanted fat effectively and improve facial contour, while maintaining youthful volume.
Many people who have facial laser liposuction are unaware about the significance of proper pre-operative preparation. As with any plastic surgery procedure, proper pre- and post-op care is critical to recover smoothly after the procedure and obtain optimal results. The following pre-operative tips can reduce discomfort and help you through the recovery phase:
- You will need to get recommended lab tests and a medical evaluation to check if you are fit to undergo the procedure.
- Avoid fad diet programs and maintain stable weight.
- Follow your surgeon’s advice on stopping or adjusting other medications you are taking before the procedure.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements for two weeks before the treatment, because aspirin and other drugs thins the blood and can result in unnecessary blood loss.
- Quit smoking four weeks before and four weeks after your procedure. Because nicotine increases risk of complications, decreases blood flow to the skin and may delay healing.
- Do not eat or drink any fluids after midnight the evening before your surgery, regardless of type of anesthetic – local/general.
- Along with smoking, stop alcohol intake for two weeks before and after the procedure as it can interfere with the anesthetic.
- If you notice any signs of cold, infection, boils/pustules, or fever before the procedure, report this to your plastic surgeon immediately.
- Arrange for a person to accompany you home after the procedure. Having an assistance or caregiver during the immediate post-op period will help with meals, hygiene and potential emergencies.
- Have a compression garment ready and wear it as advised as it will help reduce bleeding and swelling. Following facial liposuction, patients are asked to wear a compression garment similar to a chin strap.
- Protect your skin against direct sun exposure by using sunscreen and avoid direct sunrays.
- Follow a healthy diet, regular exercise, and reduce stress
Minimally-invasive Smartlipo laser lipsuction involves using small cannula with three laser wavelengths (1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm) to liquefy and remove unwanted fat and tighten the skin.
Though the recovery time for laser liposuction is shorter than for the traditional procedure, following your surgeon’s post-op instructions diligently is crucial for smooth recovery. However, the facial liposuction recovery process would also depend on whether you had other procedures performed at the same time. Recovery is more straightforward when facial liposuction is performed on its own.
Talk to your surgeon about preparing for the procedure and post-operative care and plan it accordingly. Taking the prescribed painkillers can help with any mild pain and discomfort after procedure.
If you are considering facial liposuction in NYC, choose an AAAASF accredited plastic surgery facility with plastic surgeons who are trained and experienced in performing the procedure. A reliable plastic surgeon will evaluate your concerns and provide customized treatment to help you achieve your aesthetic goals. It is important to maintain realistic expectations and follow your surgeon’s pre-op and post-surgical instructions for optimal outcomes and smooth recovery.