Facial cosmetic surgery has gained popularity in recent years, with more and more people becoming increasingly conscious about the way they look. Typically caused by weight gain, aging and genetics, facial fat is very difficult to get rid of with just diet and exercise. Facial liposuction in New York City focuses on removing these underlying fat deposits, tightening the skin, and sculpting the face to provide a well-shaped profile. By effectively addressing these concerns, the procedure can rejuvenate your appearance. Expert plastic surgeons can provide dramatic results in both younger and older patients.
Transform Your Looks with Facial Liposuction in New York City.
Sculpting your Face with Facial Liposuction in New York City
NYC plastic surgeons perform the procedure using the advanced minimally-invasive FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation. Skilled surgeons utilize the capabilities of the device to remove unwanted fat effectively and improve facial contour, while maintaining youthful volume.
Read our blog post HOW CAN FACIAL LIPOSUCTION IMPROVE YOUR APPEARANCE?
How to Prepare for Facial Liposuction
Many people who have facial laser liposuction are unaware about the significance of proper pre-operative preparation. As with any plastic surgery procedure, proper preparation and post-op care is crucial for a comfortable surgical experience, recover smoothly and obtain optimal results.
The following pre-operative tips can reduce discomfort and help you through the recovery phase.
- Get the recommended lab tests and a medical evaluation to check if you are fit to undergo the procedure.
- Maintain stable weight.
- Follow your surgeon’s advice on stopping or adjusting other medications you are taking.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements for two weeks before the treatment, because aspirin and other drugs thin the blood and can result in unnecessary blood loss.
- Quit smoking four weeks before and four weeks after your procedure. Nicotine increases risk of complications, decreases blood flow to the skin and may delay healing.
- Stop alcohol consumption for two weeks before and after the procedure as it can interfere with the anesthetic.
- Do not eat or drink any fluids after midnight the evening before your surgery, regardless of type of anesthetic – local/general.
- If you notice any signs of cold, infection, boils/pustules, or fever before the procedure, report this to your plastic surgeon immediately.
- Arrange for a person to accompany you home after the procedure. Having a caregiver during the immediate post-op period will help with meals, hygiene and potential emergencies.
- Taking the prescribed painkillers can help with any mild pain and discomfort after procedure.
- Following facial liposuction, patients are asked to wear a compression garment similar to a chin strap to reduce bleeding and swelling. Have your compression garment ready and wear it as advised.
- Protect your skin against direct sun exposure by using sunscreen and avoid direct exposure to the sun’s rays.
- Follow a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and take steps to reduce stress.
Minimally-invasive Smartlipo laser liposuction involves using small cannula with three laser wavelengths (1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm) to liquefy and remove unwanted fat and tighten the skin.
Though the recovery time for laser liposuction is shorter than for the traditional procedure, following your surgeon’s post-op instructions diligently is crucial for smooth recovery. However, recovery time would also depend on whether you had other procedures performed at the same time. Recovery is more straightforward when facial liposuction is performed on its own.
Have a detailed discussion with your surgeon to thoroughly address preparations for the upcoming procedure and to devise a well-thought-out plan for post-operative care. Ensure that you collaborate with your surgeon to make informed decisions and make the necessary arrangements in advance.
Schedule your consultation now to embark on your journey to a more youthful and sculpted facial profile.
Call us at 1-888-869-2762
If you are considering facial liposuction in New York City, choose an AAAASF accredited plastic surgery facility with plastic surgeons who are trained and experienced in performing the procedure. A reliable plastic surgeon will evaluate your concerns and provide customized treatment to help you achieve your aesthetic goals. It is important to maintain realistic expectations and follow your surgeon’s pre-op and post-surgical instructions for optimal outcomes and smooth recovery.