New Year is the time for resolutions and for many people, it’s about taking steps to restore their figure and enhance their appearance. Many men and women in NYC add cosmetic surgery – more specifically, liposuction – to their wish list. However, if your are considering this body contouring treatment during the holidays, consider the following factors before you go ahead:
- All cosmetic procedures are elective and choosing to have one is your personal decision. You shouldn’t have liposuction to please someone else or just because somebody gifted it to you. Also, don’t go in for the treatment just because it is available for cheap rates as part of special New Year offers.
- Don’t rush into a decision just because you want to try out something new this year. Lipo is recommended only when natural options like diet and exercise fail to provide the desired results.
- Make sure that you are physically fit and a good candidate for the treatment. Laser liposuction is a good option only for those who are close to their ideal weight. Remember that this is not a strategy for weight loss.
- Take the time to find a plastic surgeon who is specialized and experienced in the procedure. Having outpatient procedures in an AAAASF accredited practice is important for treatment that adheres to the highest standards of efficiency and safety. Choose an established plastic surgery practice in NYC with surgeons who are specially trained in minimally-invasive laser lipo.
- The most important thing is to have realistic expectations about the results. Don’t expect to achieve results similar to what someone else has or for the treatment to transform your life.
While liposuction can help you get rid of unwanted in specific areas of the body, you need to stick to a healthy lifestyle with proper diet and regular exercise to maintain the results. Once you see the attractive lipo results at the start of the year, it would motivate you to maintain a healthy weight during rest of the year and later. The health benefits that come with maintaining a steady weight would the added bonus of your cosmetic surgical procedure.