Most plastic surgeons are skilled in both non-invasive and invasive procedures, and often help patients meet their aesthetic goals using a combination of both methods. MedGadget.com recently reported on a study by Transparency Market Research which predicts the aesthetic lasers and energy devices market will grow over a CAGR of 12.2% from 2012 to 2018. Though the liposuction surgery devices market started with the traditional suction-assisted liposuction pumps, with advancement in technology, power, laser, and ultrasound liposuction surgery devices flooded the market.
Body contouring involves reshaping of areas such as arms, thighs, abdomen, buttocks, and chest to improve appearance. Laser liposuction is an advanced plastic surgery technique that has transformed the way body contouring is performed. This minimally-invasive procedure is an ideal option to remove excess fat deposits from various areas of the body, delicate and extensive alike. Expert plastic surgeons can provide natural looking results using the laser-assisted devices such as Smartlipo Triplex.
The aesthetic laser and energy devices market focuses on the physiology of aging and wrinkled skin that uses technical based procedures for rectification of these processes. The market is segmented into body contouring devices and skin resurfacing devices According to the research report, the major factors driving the growth of the lasers and energy devices market are
- Increase in prevalence of obesity
- Patients preferring hospital care fast and effective non surgical cosmetic procedures
- Increased aesthetic consciousness
- Consumer awareness of procedures
- Introduction of non-invasive and minimally-invasive body contouring techniques
According to the report, the continual increase in cases of obesity in emerging countries such as India and China is expected to stimulate the demand for body contouring devices in the aesthetic lasers and energy devices market.
The market is divided on the basis of product technology, major geographies and key players. The main highlights of the report are as follows:
- The body contouring devices sector is further sub-segmented into minimally invasive devices (for e.g., Smartlipo NYC), non-invasive devices, ultrasound assisted liposuction devices and skin resurfacing devices.
- Geographies analyzed include North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and rest of the world.
- The report identifies the key players in this market as: Cynosure, Inc, Solta Medical, Inc., Invasix Ltd., Lutronic, Inc., Zeltiq Aesthetics, Syneron Medical, Erchonia, Inc, Lumenis Ltd, Ultrashape Ltd, Cutera Palomar Medical Technologies, Chromogenex Technologies Ltd, Sound Surgical Technologies LLC, Fotona,, Inc, Alma Lasers, Ltd., Pollogen, Ltd., and Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation.
The liposuction technologies used by leading plastic surgeons include VASERlipo, Smartlipo, BodyTite, CoolSculpting, and Liposonix. The demand for these liposuction modalities will grow along with the demand for body contouring treatment.