A common aesthetic concern among many women, overly large breasts can affect a woman’s physical and emotional well-being and lifestyle. Large breasts can restrict regular activities, cause serious discomfort, including neck and back pain, and also affect a woman’s clothing choices. Breast reduction liposuction in Manhattan is an ideal way to achieve a more aesthetically pleasing breast contour. Also known as reduction mammaplasty, the procedure involves addressing fat and skin to create smaller, firmer breasts that are more proportionate with the rest of the body.
What Concerns Does Breast Reduction Liposuction Resolve?
Breast liposuction can address the following concerns –
- Breasts are too large
- Breasts that are not equal in size, with one significantly larger than the other
- Struggle to find clothes that fit well
- Rashes under the breasts
- Postural issues, such as rounding of the upper back
- Pain in the neck, back, or shoulders
- Look overweight due to having large breasts
- Find sports, household activities, or work physically challenging due to heavy breasts
- Breathing issues, especially when lying on the back
- Bra straps dig into the shoulder
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Breast Reduction Liposuction?
To be an ideal candidate for breast reduction, women must be above at least 21 years of age with fully developed breasts. Other criteria candidates need to meet include –
- Has a significant amount of fatty tissue
- Has realistic expectations about the outcome
- Has excellent skin elasticity
- Is a non-smokers
- Is physically and emotionally healthy
The procedure is not recommended for women who are –
- In their early teens and the breasts are still growing
- Have an abnormal mammogram or an undiagnosed breast condition
- Have a severe illness or infection
- Have a history of poor wound healing or a clotting disorder
- Are severely obese
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, intend to breastfeed, or recently stopped breastfeeding
- Are active smokers
Performed using the Smartlipo Triplex workstation, this FDA-approved procedure involves making tiny incisions to remove the fatty tissues, tighten the skin, reshape the breasts, and reduce sagging. It combines three unique laser wavelengths – 1064 nm, 1320 nm, and 1440 nm – which can be used individually or blended to melt excess fat and tighten the skin. Other benefits of the procedure include –
- Minimal scarring, less swelling, bleeding and bruising
- Reduced treatment time and patient downtime
- Performed as an outpatient procedure
- Involves local anesthesia
- Faster healing and quicker recovery
Time for recovery will vary depending on the total amount of fat removed, the overall length of the procedure and the amount of fat removed. Following the plastic surgeon’s post-op care instructions correctly is crucial for smooth and safe recovery. Patients may be advised to wear a bra 24/7 post-surgery to maintain the results. Heavy exercise and lifting and stretching the arms should also be avoided for about six weeks.
Women considering breast reduction liposuction, need to select a reputable AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that offers the service of well-trained plastic surgeons. An experienced Manhattan liposuction surgeon will provide end-to-end care and support all through the treatment, right from the initial consultation up to full recovery.