An increasing number of men and women are opting to have laser liposuction to enhance their appearance by getting rid of excess fat that is resistant to diet and exercise. For the best results and safe treatment, it is important to put yourself in the hands of experts. Nevertheless, a common concern among patients is as to how long it will take to recover after the treatment and get back to normal activity. On the RealSelf platform, one patient asked how long it would take to recover from laser liposuction to the thighs, tummy/flanks, and back.
An expert laser liposuction surgeon explains that recovery after Smartlipo usually takes 48 hours. The procedure has very less downtime and is typically performed on a Friday or a Saturday, and patients can get back to work on Monday.
Another surgeon points out that typical recovery from laser liposuction is anywhere between 3-5 days. It would be better if the patients could take rest on the day of and after their treatment, as this would help speed up the healing process in the long run. On the other hand, if the patient has to undergo liposuction at multiple areas at once, the expert says that a bit more downtime would be required as each area treated will feel sore and tender.
Smartlipo Triplex body contouring is performed using a minimally-invasive laser-assisted cannula and requires only small incisions. The laser energy seals the blood vessels immediately after the incision, which significantly lessens bleeding and bruising. The damage to the underlying tissues would be minimal compared to the traditional liposuction, which in turn, would mean less pain and soreness. Laser technology makes fat removal easier and faster, and also prevents nerve damage in the treatment site. In contrast to traditional lipo, patients experience a better recovery experience with less bruising, discomfort, and swelling. Generally, to avoid disruption of the healing process, expert surgeons may advise you to take complete rest during the first two or three days after the procedure. Moreover, having a proactive approach can speed recovery.
Recovery will differ from case to case, though healing and outcomes depend to a great extent on how you manage the post-op phase. Here are important things you should know about recovery after laser lipo:
- Take rest for the first few hours immediately after the procedure. You can engage in light physical activity one to two days after the treatment. Light activity like general household chores and gentle walking can help prevent blood clots from forming after surgery. You can slowly increase exercise as your body tolerates it. Surgeons provide specific advice on this matter based on patient considerations.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking prior to and following the surgery as smoking can reduce blood flow and compromise healing.
- If your job does not involve much physical stress, you may be able to return to work after two days after the procedure.
- You will be advised to wear a compression garment 24×7 for the first 3 weeks post-op and after that you may have to wear it only at night for another 3 weeks. Compression garments are usually worn till fluid drainage stops.
- Laser lipo involves only minimal pain. You may feel a little sore for a week and will be advised to take pain medication only for a few days.
- Outcomes are usually visible within just a few days following the treatment and will continue to improve for up to six months.
In leading plastic surgery practices offering Smartlipo Triplex in NYC, the procedure is performed by experts who are specially trained in using Smartlipo technology for the best outcomes. Follow your surgeon’s post-surgical instructions for a smooth and safe healing process and maintain a healthy lifestyle to preserve the results of your body contouring treatment.