Men undergo body contouring procedures like male liposuction in NYC to contour their body, for aesthetic or medical conditions. Pre-surgery jitters are common with any kind of plastic surgery and gynecomastia surgery is an aesthetic procedure about which many men have concerns. Therefore a clear understanding of the procedure and its benefits is important to avoid or manage normal anxiety.
Gynecomastia surgery is liposuction for breast reduction in males. Men with this condition have excessive amounts of glandular breast tissue, localized fat and even excess breast skin. The condition of gynecomastia or “man boobs” occurs during infancy, puberty, or in middle-aged to older men due to hormonal changes, heredity, obesity or use of certain drugs. This condition can have a negative impact on men and lead to emotional discomfort. Some men may even avoid certain physical activities and intimacy simply to hide their condition. They rarely share their concerns regarding this issue and inwardly stay stressed and uncomfortable.
To overcome any pre-surgery blues before your gynecomastia surgery, follow these tips.
- Get Proper Rest: Stress can affect your sleep and make it difficult to have proper rest. To break your stress level, focus on calm sleep for eight hours every night before the surgery, skip late night meals and caffeine at dinner. A good night’s sleep is the best medicine for all your anxiety.
- Stop Imagining the Worst: You have to control your imagination and stop thinking about the things that may happen. When you project your fears onto the future you get frightened of the imagined scenario. Listen to your plastic surgeon, and prepare well for your cosmetic procedure.
- Proper Communication with Your Surgeon: Look for an experienced plastic surgeon for the procedure, because experts who have been in this field for years will be knowledgeable in dealing with patients of all ages, ethnicities and demographics and they can give you the best advice. They can provide you with the dos and don’ts for the pre-operative and post-operative phases.
- Research: Do a thorough research to understand more about gynecomastia and the solutions available to treat the condition. For research, the internet is a great source, but it is also a major provider of surgery jitters. The Internet is loaded with horror stories, fake news, and confusing medical terminology all of which could increase your fear. The best source of information is your plastic surgeon, as he/she can give you details and the right reference materials that can ease your mind.
- Go Out, Relax and Exercise: To be away from concerns, stay active and clear your mind. Stress relievers such as outdoor walking, exercise, mediation, and listening to calm music can help you overcome your concerns. Activities will increase your brain’s production of serotonin and dopamine, chemicals that foster a happy mood.
- Family and friends: Share your concerns and accept the support offered by your family and friends. They can better understand your concerns and motivate you.
Your plastic surgeon will advise you regarding the various technologies available for gynecomastia treatment. To remove “man boobs,” breast reduction surgery with Smartlipo is the best technology acknowledged for its effectiveness. Smartlipo is a gentle laser liposuction technique that constitutes two parts – liposuction of excess fat tissues and excision of glandular tissue if needed. This method is more preferred due to its usage of local anesthesia, superior results and short recovery time. Patients can get back to work (i.e., a desk job) and light activity in just a few days. Find an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility for a safe and effective procedure with the best outcome.