Fat accumulation in the neck and beneath the jawline or a double chin can make people look older and heavier than they are. Diet and exercise usually fail to reduce this fat buildup. Double chin liposuction in Manhattan can help you achieve a well-defined jaw by addressing excess fat, jowls and loose skin.
How Double Chin Liposuction Makes a Difference
Excessive weight loss and genetics are the common reasons why loose skin and extra fat appears around the chin and neck. While diet and exercise may have some effect, they can resolve these concerns only to a certain extent. Liposuction suctions off stubborn fat from under the skin of the chin and results in a well-defined jawline and more sculpted neck. When the procedure is performed using laser-assisted technology like Smartlipo, it will also tighten the skin quite effectively. Since the fat cells are removed, results are permanent. Liposuction of the chin is worth it for many reasons:
- Eliminates a double chin
- Results in a well-defined jawline
- Slims the face and balances facial features
- Restores a more youthful appearance
- Reduces wrinkles
- Tightens saggy skin
- Improves balance of facial features
While results are long-lasting, excessive weight gain can bring the fat back. So it’s important to follow a healthy lifestyle to maintain your results.
Tired of hiding your double chin?
Reclaim your jawline and define your profile with liposuction!
Double Chin Liposuction Using Smartlipo
Leading NYC plastic surgeons perform liposuction of the chin and neck area using Smartlipo Triplex. This laser workstation is equipped with three potent laser wavelengths (1064nm, 1320nm, and 1440nm). Small incisions are made on the treatment site and laser energy is delivered via the device’s small cannula to target and liquefy the submental fat, allowing it to be removed easily. The procedure also tightens and tones the skin. The plastic surgeon may recommend a chin tuck if there is too much of sagging skin. This procedure focuses on tightening the skin and removing excess fat in the chin and upper neck area.
- Safe and effective: Jowls and double chins are quite challenging to lose, unlike other areas of the body that may shrink down a little more quickly with diet and exercise. The procedure is a practical and effective way to address chin fat and sagging skin.
- Minimally-invasive treatment: Smartlipo laser liposuction is performed using a small cannula and requires only tiny incisions. It comes with little to no scarring, short downtime, minimal pain, and quick recovery. As it needs only local anesthesia, it is usually performed as an outpatient procedure.
- Attractive results: After the procedure, you’ll notice a difference in your chin’s appearance right away. Your lower face will have less extra fat, and the contours will look more defined.
- Quick recovery: For 72 hours after the treatment, you must wear a compression cape around your head. After that, you may need to continue wearing compression garment just at night for the next week once the days. Any initial bruising and swelling will resolve as healing progresses. While results are usually visible in 30 days, it could take up to 90 days to see the full difference.
You are a good candidate for chin liposuction if you:
- Have excess fat in the neck and jawline
- Are healthy and are at or close to your ideal weight
- Do not take blood thinning medications
- Do not smoke
- Firm skin and good muscle tone
Double chin liposuction in Manhattan is definitely worth it if you are looking for a safe and effective way to improve jawline definition and neck contour. By slimming down your face and improving the balance of your facial features, chin liposuction can boost your confidence. Maintaining a healthy, stable weight is important for long-lasting outcomes.