A common concern among many women, stubborn fat deposits in different body areas are not easy to get rid of with just diet and exercise. Laser liposuction procedures offered in Manhattan plastic surgery practices is a great option to shape up and achieve an attractive body profile. The procedure is performed using the FDA approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation which blends safety with efficiency. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about the treatment.
- What is Smartlipo Triplex™ laser liposuction? This treatment uses laser technology to melt and remove the unwanted fat deposits in different body areas. This minimally invasive procedure involves only tiny incisions.
- Who is a good candidate for the treatment? A woman who is in good health with no serious medical conditions and has realistic expectations can have the treatment. The right candidate will have stubborn fat pockets that are unresponsive to diet and exercise but will be close to her ideal body weight.
- What does the procedure involve? The three laser wavelengths (1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm) of the workstation are utilized to target and melt the fat tissues removal so that they can be easily suctioned off. The procedure also coagulates the tissues, reduces bleeding, and tightens the skin.
- What are the areas that can be treated? Almost all body areas can be treated using laser lipo such as abdomen, buttocks, love handles, saddle bags, hips, back, knees, inner thighs, outer thighs, upper arms, face, neck and chin.
- How is laser lipo superior to conventional lipo treatment? The treatment uses only local anesthesia, and comes with less procedural time and surgical trauma. It also allows effective reshaping of delicate and extensive areas as well as effective skin tightening.
- What is the duration of the treatment? This will vary based on the extent and number of areas treated and the amount of fat to be removed. A typical procedure can take about 1.5-2 hours.
- How many treatment sessions are needed to produce a good outcome? When performed by the right surgeon, women can experience the desired results in a single treatment.
- Are there any side effects? SmartLipo Triplex liposuction can cause some swelling, bruising, soreness, and numbness in and around the treated areas. But these effects are temporary and subside soon.
- What is the expected recovery period? The recovery following the treatment is much quicker than with invasive surgery. You can resume routine activity in one to two days. However, you have to wear post-surgical garments and bandages for one to two weeks to help with the healing process.
A good plastic surgeon would be ready to answer any of your queries related to this laser lipo procedure. Choose the right surgeon to experience safe treatment and optimal outcomes.