Liposuction is the best way to get rid of stubborn fat that does not respond to even rigorous diet and exercise, and improve body contour. Advances in technologies have made liposuction much safer, faster and effective. For instance, laser liposuction surgery in New York City is a minimally invasive fat reduction treatment performed using the FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation. This revolutionary treatment removes unwanted fat pockets without the side effects and downtime associated with traditional liposuction surgery. However, there is lot of conflicting information about laser liposuction. If you are considering this body contouring procedure, it’s important to see through the myths and understand the truth.
- Myth 1: There is no difference between laser liposuction and traditional liposuction
Though the both the procedures get rid of the stubborn fat, they are not the same. They are performed using slightly different techniques. The traditional method involves large incisions to insert a large cannula or tube for fat removal. It is performed under general anesthesia and you will be asleep during the procedure.
On the other hand, laser liposuction utilizes a small cannula to deliver laser energy to liquefy the unwanted fat cells, making them easier to suction off. Laser lipolysis can be performed using local anesthesia and patients are wide-awake during the procedure. As it is minimally-invasive, laser lipo involves less bleeding, pain, and downtime, and faster recovery. Basically, laser lipo is far less invasive than conventional liposuction.
- Myth 2: Laser liposuction is a weight loss procedure
One popular myth is that body liposuction is a weight loss procedure. It is not. Laser liposuction is a minimally invasive body contouring procedure which can only remove localized fat that is resistant to diet and exercise, and improve the overall shape and appearance of your body.
- Myth 3: Laser liposuction requires extensive downtime
While the conventional procedure is invasive and involves extensive downtime and recovery, laser liposuction provides effective outcomes with minimal downtime. Laser liposuction patients can get back to their regular activities in as soon as 48 hours. Even though you will need to avoid strenuous activities for about a few days after your procedure, downtime is still far less than traditional liposuction
- Myth 4: Liposuction can correct cellulite
According to Mayo Clinic, though liposuction can shape the body, it cannot remove cellulite, and it might worsen the appearance of cellulite. Laser-assisted liposuction – a newer, less invasive form of this treatment that destroys fat cells while tightening the skin – might be more effective for cellulite.
- Myth 5: Men do not undergo laser liposuction
Many men think that laser liposuction is a woman-specific procedure. However, the treatment is an effective option for men too, though the treatment areas usually vary between women and men. Women generally want fat removed from the thigh and hip area, while men seek to remove fat in their abdomen, the love handles, and the area below the chin. Moreover, hi-def laser lipo is specially designed to help men achieve a torso that looks lean and muscular.
- Myth 6: Laser liposuction leaves loose skin behind
While eliminating those excess fat cells, the traditional technique does leave behind loose skin and prevents you from achieving your body contouring goals. On the other hand, laser liposuction removes fat and also tightens the skin, though having good skin elasticity is important for optimal results.
The other benefits of laser liposuction over conventional liposuction are:
- Sculpts the body and creates curves: In addition to its ability to remove stubborn fat pockets, laser liposuction surgery in New York can sculpt the body. Those who wish to keep the voluminous appearance of their buttocks, for example, can opt to slim down their waist to achieve an hourglass figure. Expert surgeons can provide their patients with customized treatment and results.
- Spot reduction is possible: Exercise cannot always spot reduce, but laser lipo with its smaller cannula and smaller incisions makes it ideal for treating the neck, jawline, underneath the chin, arms, “love handles” around the waist, saddlebags, knees, male breast and other localized fat pockets almost anywhere on the body.
- Provides immediate results: While dieting and exercise can be ineffective or time-consuming, laser liposuction produces immediate results.
- Leaves minimal or no scars: While some surgical procedures leave noticeable scars, laser liposuction needs only tiny incisions to remove the excess fat, so that scarring is minimal.
Now that you know the facts, you can consult an expert plastic surgeon to learn if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
If you are considering laser liposuction surgery in New York City, find an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery center that offers the service of plastic surgeons who are experts in this procedure. This is important for safe treatment and optimal outcomes.