Fat buildup in the chin and neck area can be the result of the normal aging process, weight fluctuations, or genetics. Diet and exercise often fail to address this unwanted fat, and you cannot change your genes or reverse aging. Neck liposuction in NYC provides the solution. Liposuction is the gold standard for removing stubborn, fat pockets that do not respond to diet and exercise. However, traditional liposuction involves pain and a long recovery time. Today, most people don’t want to go under the knife to get rid of stubborn fat. In fact, one question that a patient posted on RealSelf was: “Is there a way to have minor liposuction on the chin with a fast recovery time or is there a faster way to get a similar result?”
Responding to patient’s question, expert plastic surgeons point to Smartlipo of the submental (upper neck/chin) area as the solution with a faster recovery. Minimally-invasive Smartlipo neck laser liposuction in NYC is a safe and effective laser-assisted modality that does not require you to go under the knife. The procedure is performed using the advanced FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation that liquefies the fat, allowing it to be suctioned out painlessly and without affecting the surrounding tissues under local anesthesia.
Neck laser liposuction in NYC provides many advantages over conventional liposuction. It precisely targets unwanted fat with minimal pain/bleeding/swelling/burns. Moreover, laser liposuction of the neck and chin provides for faster recovery as the area treated is very small. Generally, most patients return home the same day. Recovery time would vary depending on the amount of fat removed and the overall length of the procedure. According to the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, patients can return to work within 1 week and to full activity after about 2 weeks. Here are some recommendations for fast recovery following neck lipolysis:
- Take rest for an entire day following the treatment.
- Wear the chin strap compression around the neck and jaw line area for a period of up to 6 weeks after surgery or as advised.
- Sleep with the head of the bed elevated with two to three pillows for about one week after the procedure.
- Avoid bending, lifting or straining the area until you recover completely.
- Regular massage can help with the draining process and speed up the healing process.
- Avoid supplements and NSAIDs like aspirin, ibuprofen, and naprosyn, blood thinners and so on that might delay healing and cause bruising.
- Stick to a low sodium diet.
- Take proper care of the incision areas as infection and scarring can affect the results.
Patients need to follow a healthy lifestyle to maintain the good results.
If you are considering Smartlipo laser liposuction in NYC, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that has experienced liposuction plastic surgeons. An expert can utilize the capabilities of the Smartlipo workstation to provide remarkable reduction and tightening results.