Excess localized deposits of fat, skin and glandular tissue in the chest area – the condition known as gynecomastia – are a source of concern for many men. Many established plastic surgery facilities in NYC offer minimally-invasive gynecomastia treatment for the condition.
Hormonal changes, heredity, obesity, use of certain drugs or Gilbert’s syndrome are factors that can cause male breast enlargement. The good news a small to moderate degree of enlargement can be effectively resolved with Smartlipo Triplex laser liposuction. A NYC plastic surgeon with experience in the procedure would improve the appearance of the upper body quite effectively to result in a more masculine-looking chest.
Proper preparation for male breast reduction surgery is important for good results and smooth recovery. After determining that you are the right candidate for the procedure, your surgeon will instruct you on how to prepare for it. The preparation process would include getting a physical exam and some medical tests. Here are some other points to note while preparing for gynecomastia treatment :
- Sunbathing is not recommended for at least two weeks prior to liposuction as doing so may increase the risk of permanent scarring.
- Use of nicotine should be avoided for at least four weeks before the treatment.
- Tell your surgeon about any medications used for two weeks before the surgery so that you can get advice on what and what not to take.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Depending on the nature of your job, plan to take one or two weeks off after the treatment.
- If you habitually remove chest hair, refrain from doing so two-six weeks prior to the procedure.
- Make your home post-operative ready – buy what you need in advance and keep everything handy.
- Have some comfortable shirts ready to wear after the treatment.
- Purchase the recommended surgical chest compression garments ahead of the procedure so that they are available when you need to sue them.
Make sure you clearly understand the instructions that your surgeon give you during the consultation. If you have any additional queries about preparing you’re your gynecomastia treatment, get these cleared too.