Many men and women are seeking liposuction treatment in New York City to address stubborn fat spots and shape up. The availability of minimally-invasive options like Smartlipo Triplex has made this cosmetic surgical procedure very popular. However, choosing the right surgeon is important for safe procedures and optimal outcomes.
Here are some questions that every prospective liposuction patient should ask the surgeon at the initial consultation:
- How many years of experience do you have in performing this specific procedure?
- Do you have certification from any accredited body to perform the procedure? Do you have certification in this particular procedure or for some other procedure?
- Did you get specialized training in liposuction surgery?
- Is your surgical facility accredited by a recognized accrediting agency?
- Am I the right candidate for this treatment? How will you evaluate if I am the right candidate?
- Is this procedure the right choice for my specific concerns? Are there any alternatives to address my concerns?
- What surgical techniques do you use to perform the procedure? How is this recommended technique a better choice compared to its counterparts?
- Can I see before and after photos of previous candidates? Where can I find patient testimonials?
- Where do you perform the treatment? How long will it take to complete?
- What is the expected recovery? What are the precautionary measures I need to take during the recovery period?
- What are the expected results and when can I start seeing the visible results?
- Are there any risks and complications involved in the procedure? How will you deal with emergencies that could occur?
- What are my options if in case I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of the procedure?
A good plastic surgeon would be ready to answer your questions and give you satisfactory replies and clarifications. Understanding your procedure, having trust in your surgeon, and ensuring that your surgical facility is safe and accredited is key to a safe, comfortable and productive surgical experience.