If you looking to improve the definition of your lower legs and calves, you could consider liposuction on calves in New York. This laser liposuction procedure, performed using the Smartlipo Triplex workstation, is a practical way to achieve well-defined, toned calves. Caused by factors such as aging, genetics and weight gain, fat around the calves and ankles usually does not respond to diet or exercises like walking, biking, and so on. This is because lower leg areas such as calf and ankles are delicate and difficult-to-treat areas. The Smartlipo device is specifically designed to treat and contour such areas and can provide superior results.
Smartlipo calf liposuction is a minimally-invasive laser-assisted procedure. The curvy anatomy of the lower legs and ankles makes laser lipo especially suitable for this laser-assisted treatment. Smartlipo requires only local anesthesia and offers numerous benefits such as minimal scarring, swelling, bleeding, bruising and pain. Its triple-wavelength laser system liquefies the unwanted fat deposits so that it can be easily removed, and encourages the production of collagen, which provides excellent skin tightening effects.
One of the major benefits of Smartlipo calf liposuction is that the procedure removes the excess fat without harming the surrounding structures such as blood vessels, nerves and lymphatics. This makes it an ideal option for contouring calves. It also comes with intelligent delivery systems which constantly monitor skin temperature and deliver safe levels of energy to prevent overtreatment.
Though liposuction on calves in New York is a minimally invasive treatment, it is still a surgery and requires proper post-operative care. For smooth recovery and optimal outcomes, patients need to diligently adhere to their plastic surgeon’s post-op instructions.
Unlock a new level of confidence and embrace the freedom to wear the outfits you love.
Schedule a virtual consultation with our experienced plastic surgeons today.
Tips to promote smooth recovery After Calves Liposuction
- Wear the recommended compression garment for the period suggested by your surgeon. It will help to reduce swelling, improve blood circulation, flush out of harmful fluids, and speed up the healing process.
- Take the prescribed pain relief medication to ease pain, discomfort and tenderness in the treated area.
- Light walking may be recommended on the day after surgery, but don’t overdo it.
- Avoid heavy activities like lifting or those involving physical or mental stress, especially during the first two weeks after surgery.
- Follow a balanced diet and stay hydrated.
- Shower only 24 hours after the surgery.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Do not use aspirin-containing products for at least a week.
- Quit smoking
- Avoid and limit alcohol consumption for few days, as it may prolong healing time and increase risk of complications.
- Clean the incisions every day, apply the prescribed antibiotic ointment, and change the dressing.
- Keep your follow-up appointments with your surgeon to ensure that your recovery is progressing smoothly.
Reliable plastic surgeons will provide detailed information about drains, normal symptoms, and potential signs of complications. The recovery time after liposuction on calves in New York will vary among patients depending on the amount of fat removed and the overall time taken to perform the procedure. Most patients return to work within a few days – though this depends on the occupation.
Results also may vary from patient to patient. So it’s important to have realistic expectations about the outcome. However, as weight gain can affect the results, stick to a healthy lifestyle after the procedure to make your outcomes last.
Though Smartlipo laser liposuction provides superior results for shaping delicate areas such as the calves and ankles, only a plastic surgeon with expertise in the technique can provide aesthetically pleasing outcomes. So, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that provides the service of liposuction surgeons who have extensive experience in performing the procedure using Smartlipo technology. In a reliable practice, you can expect end-to-end care and support all through the treatment and recovery phase.