Laser liposuction is one of the many advances in liposuction surgery, which is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedures in the United States and many other countries. Laser-assisted liposuction using the Smartlipo Triplex workstation helps remove extra body fat and firm sagging skin. Smartlipo can be used to remove localized pockets of fat from the body that refuse to go away despite trying all other weight loss measures. The benefits offered by this procedure make it immensely popular over traditional liposuction procedures.
- Smartlipo is a minimally-invasive process compared to conventional liposuction: Unlike traditional liposuction, in Smartlipo the fat is first liquefied using laser energy which makes the removal process easier and less painful. The melted fat is extracted without causing discomfort to the patient.
- It helps to lose those extra inches of fat: How many inches you could lose with liposuction? Smartlipo is mainly used to treat small, localized deposits of fat, and up to eight pounds of fat can be removed through the procedure. If you are having mild to moderate fat to be removed then you are probably a good candidate for Smartlipo, and can achieve a slimmer and more contoured look.
- Smartlipo can reduce cellulite and sagging skin: Smartlipo uses laser energy where the heat produces more collagen and this boosts the natural rejuvenation process of your body. The process eliminates cellulite and tightens the skin unlike traditional liposuction, which often leaves sagging skin after the procedure. Laser liposuction tightens the skin, eliminates sagginess and gives you a youthful firmness.
- Smaller incisions are made: Smartlipo procedure uses a laser fiber which is inserted into the body via a small cannula. To insert the cannula, surgeons make smaller incisions under local anesthesia on your abdomen, buttocks, thighs and love handles or wherever you wish to reduce fat. Such incisions are not much noticeable and heal quickly leaving behind minimal scars.
- Less recovery time: The procedure is typically performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia, depending on the amount of fat that will be removed. This minimally invasive procedure has faster recovery time than traditional liposuction. Results can be noticed after a week with laser liposuction, while with traditional liposuction it can take two to four weeks. The results may be more immediate with laser lipo because the fat removal is reported to be less traumatic. Less bruising and swelling are expected. You may be advised to wear a compression garment for a few weeks to reduce the pain. You can get back to normal activities in three to five days but strenuous exercise should be put off for three or four weeks.
To perform Smartlipo in NYC, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that has plastic surgeons experienced in laser liposuction. Lesser pain and lesser downtime combined with the permanent elimination of sagging and dimpling makes Smartlipo the preferred solution for most individuals who are seeking a perfect body contour.