Liposuction is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures, helping men and women achieve a trim, well-shaped body. Advanced laser-enabled technology such as Smartlipo Triplex removes excess fat gently and quickly and has greatly enhanced patient safety and outcomes. However, there are many misconceptions associated with the procedure and the possibilities it offers, resulting in all kinds of rumors and confusing the general public. Let’s look at some of these myths and the actual facts side by side.
- Liposuction is not an option after you turn sixty: Reaching 60 doesn’t mean you are too old to have a body contouring procedure. There is no such age limit for the treatment. If you are healthy and medically fit and have realistic goals and expectations, you should definitely go ahead and consult an experienced plastic surgeon to confirm your candidature.
- Only women can benefit from liposuction: Though the treatment is largely sought after by women, many men are opting for lipolysis to achieve a trimmer abdomen and resolve stubborn fat in other areas. Moreover, hi-def liposuction helps men achieve six-pack abs and a masculine body without having to toil for hours in the gym. In the increasingly competitive workplace, improving physical appearance is even found to help career advancement!
- It can resolve cellulite: Lipo can resolve excess fat deposits from practically any area of the body, but it is not a solution for cellulite. The cottage cheese look of the skin is caused by fat deposits just directly under the skin, which are not easy to remove. Cellulaze treatment, not liposuction, is recommended for cellulite.
- It is a solution for obesity: Liposuction is not a weight loss treatment. Minimally invasive laser liposuction can remove only localized deposits of fat.
- It is a substitute for diet and exercise: A nutritious diet and regular exercise pattern are necessary elements of a healthy lifestyle. Lipolysis removes excess fat deposits in certain spots which cannot be resolved with these measures. Moreover, regular exercise and a calorie-conscious diet pattern are important to maintain the results of your body sculpting treatment.
- It is a dangerous procedure: Liposuction is not a dangerous procedure. However, you should find a skilled and experienced surgeon to perform the procedure. Treatment at an accredited surgical facility is important for safe procedures and adherence to industry standards. Like every plastic surgery procedure, liposuction comes with risk of complications and that’s why you should ensure that you are in good hands.