More and more men and women looking to achieve a sculpted athletic-looking body are getting hi def liposuction in NYC. The procedure is an effective way to get rid of stubborn fat and tighten loose skin when even rigorous diets and hours in the gym have proved futile. High definition laser liposuction in New York City is performed using the Smartlipo Triplex workstation. It can help you attain your body contouring goals safely, comfortably and quickly.
Hi-def liposuction is an advanced, cutting-edge cosmetic surgical procedure that removes fat precisely and sculpts the body to an athletic appearance. Unlike conventional liposuction which just removes unwanted fat, high definition laser liposuction in New York City involves precise removal of smaller amounts of fat around muscle groups. The FDA-approved, minimally-invasive Smartlipo Triplex liposuction device allows plastic surgeons to perform the procedure under local anesthesia and provide attractive results. This triple wavelength lipolysis system uses laser energy to precisely remove excess fat using three laser wavelengths – 1064nm, 1440nm and 1320nm. This procedure liquefies fat prior to extraction, coagulates the tissues, and tightens the skin to provide excellent body contouring results. The workstation is also equipped with intelligent delivery systems that help surgeons monitor skin temperature and regulate the flow of energy, and minimize risks of overheating.
Regardless of the complexity of your procedure, you need to prepare your body and mind for hi def liposuction in NYC. Keeping the following considerations in mind can help prevent pre-surgery jitters:
- Do some basic research to understand the different options as well as risks involved in the procedure.
- Reach your target weight, or at least get close to it – several months before surgery.
- Get the recommended laboratory tests and medical evaluations to confirm that you are fully fit to undergo the procedure.
- Quit smoking at least four weeks before and four weeks after the procedure, because, nicotine in cigarettes increases risk of complications, reduces blood flow to the skin and delays healing.
- Avoid alcohol for at least two weeks before and after the procedure.
- Prepare or make arrangements in your home for post-op recovery such as stocking up on food and other essentials. Arrange for someone to help with the initial dressing changes for about 12 hours after the procedure and also to stay the night on the day of the surgery.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from the surgical center on the day of the procedure.
- Follow your plastic surgeon’s advice on stopping or adjusting medications before the procedure. Generally, avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements for two weeks before the treatment, as these medications thin the blood resulting in unnecessary blood loss.
- Avoid eating anything or drinking any fluids after midnight the evening before the surgical procedure (regardless of the type of anesthesia administered).
- If any specific signs of cold, infection, fever or boils/pustules are noticed before the procedure, this should be report immediately to the plastic surgeon.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes on the day of the procedure.
An experienced liposuction surgeon will evaluate your anatomical considerations and other factors, and provide you with a detailed overview of the procedure at the consultation – including a reasonable estimate of the operating time and how to prepare for the treatment.
Any kind of surgery comes with its own risks and the body requires time to recover. Though there a specific recovery time for most cosmetic procedures, this may vary for each individual. Therefore, it’s important to know about the downtime that would be involved and make your plans accordingly. You also need to take steps to ensure proper after-care after hi def liposuction treatment. Following your plastic surgeon’s pre and post-op instructions correctly is important for smooth recovery and optimal outcomes.
Laser liposuction involves minimal scarring, swelling, bleeding and bruising. It also involves short treatment time and patient downtime as well as faster healing and quicker recovery. Since it provides amazing results with less pain, bruising and swelling, this technique has gained wide popularity.
If you are considering hi def liposuction in NYC, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that provides the service of plastic surgeons who are experts in this procedure. It is important to get the treatment performed by a surgeon who has expertise in laser liposuction and knows exactly how the superficial anatomy influences external appearance. A reliable hi def liposuction surgeon will provide patients with guidance on preparing for the procedure and healing smoothly.