Reducing stubborn fat and attaining an ideal body is no longer a Herculean task. Laser liposuction in New York can help you achieve that well-shaped body that even countless hours in the gym could not provide. With extensive expertise in the minimally invasive SmartLipo Triplex laser liposuction technique, NYC plastic surgeons help both men and women achieve their body contouring goals safely and effectively.
Smartlipo Laser Liposuction – Get Amazing Results
Laser liposuction in Manhattan helps you to regain the body contour you have always desired without having to go under the knife. Unlike traditional liposuction, the Smartlipo technique is minimally – invasive and comes with minimal pain, short downtime, and faster recovery.
The benefits of SmartLipo Triplex include:
- Needs only local anesthesia and can be performed on an outpatient basis
- Precise targeting of stubborn fat
- Tightens your skin at the same time excess fat is removed
- Controlled delivery of laser energy helps avoid over treatment
- Quick and safe procedure
- Bleeding and swelling is considerably less as compared to conventional liposuction
Recovery After Laser Liposuction
The recovery period is a common concern for patients undergoing any surgical procedure. Even though Smartlipo treatment involves only small incisions, proper care and attention is essential for smooth recovery. Knowing what to expect post laser liposuction and following your surgeon’s instructions can make recovery easier, help you get back to routine sooner, and enhance your results.
The recovery phase after the procedure varies from patient to patient as physiological parameters are not same for everyone. Skilled plastic surgeons Manhattan with proven experience in treating thousands of patients constantly strive to provide safe treatment and customized solutions. Most patients take just two weeks to recover and switch back to their daily routine.
Tips for Faster Recovery
It is crucial to take proper care for your body for smooth recovery. Here are some tips that can considerably reduce the recovery time and help you bounce back faster.
- Chart a plan: Recovery following laser liposuction can be divided into three phases:
- First three days
There can be minor discomfort after the procedure for first three days. Taking the prescribed medications can minimize these effects.
- After two weeks
Any swelling or bruising will resolve and you will need to wear a compression garment as advised. You may be able to resume light exercise, based on your surgeon’s advice.
- After three to four weeks
You can return to vigorous exercise if your body has completely healed.
- First three days
- Eat smart
It is important to follow a balanced diet to heal faster.
What to eat?
- Foods rich in vitamins and minerals like fruits, vegetables
- Protein-rich food like lean meat for regenerating scar tissues.
- Whole grains rich in minerals like iron, magnesium and phosphorous etc.
- Nuts and seeds
- Water and healthy fluids to flush out toxins from your body.
What not to eat?
- Cut down on carbohydrates as it can lead to weight gain and defeats the purpose of your liposuction treatment.
- Avoid fried and processed food that is loaded with saturated fat.
- Minimize salty food as high sodium content can cause inflammation in the body and derail the healing process. Avoid salty foods for four months after the procedure.
- Strictly avoid smoking and alcohol for 4-6 weeks before and after the procedure. This is important to reduce the risk of complications.
- Focus on hydration for quicker recovery
Stay hydrated will help inflammation subside quickly, reduce post-op swelling, and shorten healing time.
- Take adequate rest
Give your body time to heal by taking adequate rest. Trying to get back to daily routine in a rush will harm your health as well as the desired outcome. So take some days off work and relax. Start your normal exercise routine based on your surgeon’s advice.
- Care for the surgical sites
Laser liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure but requires small incisions. It is important to keep those sites clean and watch for any drainage for first three days after the procedure. Watch out for infections can occur on the surgical sites and inform your surgeon if you see anything unusual.
- Wear the compression garment
Wear the compression garment as recommended for quick recovery. This can also make a great difference to your surgical outcome. Medical compression garments come in different shapes and sizes and need to be used for the period recommended by your surgeon.
- Keep your post-op appointments
Constant monitoring is important post-op to assess progress. At follow-up appointments, surgeons provide patients instructions that have to be followed in a phased manner throughout the recovery period. So, never miss out on your post-op appointments.
Patients getting laser liposuction in New York have to be fully aware of the steps that have to be taken after the procedure. It is crucial to follow these instructions and precautions for faster and smoother recovery.