A double chin – the buildup of excess fat in the neck area – is a common aesthetic concern. Submental fullness is usually the result of factors such as aging, weight gain, genetics, and poor posture. The condition is difficult to address with just diet and exercise. Smartlipo double chin liposuction in NYC is an ideal solution. The laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex workstation removes unwanted fat beneath the chin and tightens the skin to improve the appearance of neck and provide a well-defined jawline.
Though laser liposuction of the chin involves significantly less downtime and faster recovery than traditional chin liposuction surgery, the key to smooth recovery and optimal, long-lasting outcomes is following your surgeon’s instructions diligently.
Here are some things to do before the procedure that can make your experience comfortable and productive:
- Get a complete medical evaluation and laboratory testing from your primary care physician.
- Fix a pre-op appointment with your surgeon
- Review the treatment plan
- Make arrangements to take a few days off from work (depending on your job)
- Stop smoking and alcohol use
- Avoid medications
- Blood thinners
- Vitamin E
- Fish oil
- Herbal supplements
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions on antibiotics and/or pain medications
- Keep track of the medications you take to avoid any confusion later
- Keep everything you need handy and stock essential items, such as
- Medical supplies
- Compression Garment
- Other things that you need for a comfortable recovery
- Get plenty of rest
- Avoid unnecessary stress and stay calm
If you are considering double chin liposuction in NYC, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that has liposuction surgeon who are experts in performing the procedure. Treatment in an AAAASF-accredited practice is important for a safe and comfortable plastic surgery experience. You can also expect end-to-end care and support all through the treatment, and until you have fully recovered.