Love handles refer to those extra bulges of fat that accumulate on the flanks due to factors such as aging, heredity, pregnancy, and hormonal changes. This aesthetic concern can be addressed by liposuction in NYC. The procedure helps men and women get rid of the unwanted fat and achieve a well-shaped waistline. It usually recommended when diet and exercise fail to produce the desired results.
Love handles are usually very stubborn and do not respond easily to exercise. So to lose the subcutaneous fat that forms not-so-lovable love handles it’s going to take even more time and effort. Here are some exercises that www.gethealthyu.com recommends to reduce the pinchable fat on both sides of the stomach that leads to the “muffin top” appearance.
- Russian twist: Start the exercise by seated with knees bent and feet flat on the floor and holding both hands in front of chest. Keeping the spine long and the abdominals tight, lean back slightly and lift the feet a few inches off the floor. Then slowly twist the torso to the left and bring the hands beside the left hip. Return to center, and then slowly twist to the right and bring the hands beside the right hip to complete one rotation. Do 12 full rotations.
- Side plank lift and lower: Start by lying on your right side with forearm below shoulder, body lifted and legs long and feet stacked. Keep the body straight, abs tight and place the left hand on hip. Dip your hips down towards the mat and lift back up using your obliques and core muscles. Repeat 12 times on each side.
- Swimming: Start by lying on your stomach with the legs and arms extended. Engage your abdominals so you feel your transverse abdominis contract. Now, lift your arms and legs off the floor and keep your nose in a hover above the mat. Flutter your arms and legs, moving from the hips and shoulders like you are swimming. Inhale for 4 counts, exhale for 4 counts. Perform this exercise for 30 seconds.
- Oblique Crunch with Long Legs: Start lying on side in one long line, shoulder stacked over elbow and on forearm. Swing your legs forward and lean back on glutes slightly and lift legs off the mat on the diagonal, extend top arm long. Contract your core as you reach your toes up to your hand. Then lower legs and lift arm to return to start. Remember to repeat on the other side.
- Medicine Ball High To Low Chop: Stand with feet hip width apart holding a ball in two hands up over right shoulder. Next, bend the knees and lower body into squat position as you pull the ball down toward left ankle. As you stand back up, reach the ball back up over right shoulder. Repeat for desired number of repetitions and switch sides.
These exercises should be combined with lifestyle changes such as
- Eating nutritious food
- Drinking plenty of water
- Managing stress
- Getting enough sleep
- Limiting alcohol intake
- Combining cardio and toning exercises and training the whole core for a tighter tummy
Unfortunately, for some people, these conventional measures fail to work to get rid of love handles. Liposuction on love handles is the best option in this situation. In AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practices, love handles liposuction is performed using the minimally-invasive, laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex device.
This FDA-approved device utilizes an optimal blend of three laser wavelengths to liquefy the fat cells and tighten the skin simultaneously. The key benefits of Smartlipo Triplex laser liposuction are minimal scarring, bleeding, swelling, and discomfort. Choosing a surgeon who has extensive experience in performing the liposuction on love handles using Smartlipo is crucial for a successful outcome. After confirming your candidature for the treatment, your surgeon will evaluate your aesthetic goals and create a customized treatment plan. As this laser liposuction treatment is performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia, downtime is minimal and patients can return home on the same day.