Submental fullness or double chin is a major aesthetic concern among both men and women. Aging, heredity, weight gain and environmental and lifestyle factors cause excess fat to accumulate under the chin, jowls, and neck. Chin liposuction in NYC is an ideal option to correct this concern, which cannot be addressed through just diet and exercise. The procedure removes fatty tissue under the chin, beneath the jowl, and along the upper part of the neck, and tightens the skin to result in a sculpted, smooth jaw line and shapely neck.
According to the 2018 annual statistics report of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), liposuction ranked second among the five top procedures, and saw a 4% increase from 2017. AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facilities offer chin liposuction using Smartlipo Triplex, the advanced laser-assisted lipolysis device. This minimally-invasive workstation uses three powerful laser wavelengths to liquefy the fat cells for easier removal. The system also promotes tissue tightening through bulk thermal heating and tissue coagulation. Compared to conventional procedures, this minimally invasive procedure removes excess fat and also tightens the skin with less downtime and faster recovery, resulting in a more youthful-looking facial appearance.
Laser liposuction can be performed as an outpatient procedure and can be completed in an hour, though this depends on individual considerations. Planning well ahead for the post-operative period and following your plastic surgeon’s care instructions is important to recover smoothly. Here’s what you need to know about the post-liposuction phase:
- Give your body the time to accept the changes following the procedure. For the first 24 hours after double chin liposuction, slight drainage from the incisions can be expected.
- You may be advised to wear a chin strap or chin compressive garment during the recovery phase. Patients are usually advised to wear the chin compression garment as much as possible for the 1st week and at night for an additional 3 to 4 weeks. Compression garments minimize swelling and help the soft tissue adjust after liposuction treatment.
- Though the procedure is minimally-invasive, you will experience some discomfort post-op. You will be prescribed pain medications to deal with this.
- You should be ready to return to work when you no longer need to take pain medication.
- You may be able to return to regular exercise in three weeks.
- Some bruising and swelling are common after the procedure and will subside soon.
- You may use an ice pack as a cool compress on treatment site to help minimize swelling (but don’t apply ice directly to skin).
- Eat a healthy diet and stay hydrated during the recovery phase. Generally, you may be advised to follow a high protein and low sodium diet to help healing.
- You will be asked to maintain an upright position in the days after surgery to speed up the healing process and reduce swelling.
- Initial postoperative visits are scheduled for five to seven days following the procedure.
The pace of healing varies from person to person. Taking extra care and following the surgeon’s instructions diligently can speed up the recovery process. Final outcomes usually appear three to four months after the procedure.
Only an ideal candidate can enjoy the benefits of chin liposuction. Individuals considering double chin liposuction in NYC should be carefully evaluated by a reliable plastic surgeon to ensure that their overall objective of getting a natural, slender and sleek shape to the neck can be achieved. Chin liposuction is a suitable option for candidates who are healthy with good facial structure and muscles.
While Smartlipo in NYC can address a double chin, you need to have the procedure performed in a reliable facility that offers the service of surgeons who are experts in the procedure. A reliable surgeon will evaluate your concerns and provide customized treatment to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.