Aging, weight gain, and genetics can lead to excess fat accumulating under the chin or a double chin. Neck liposuction in Manhattan performed using advanced laser technology can provide the solution to this concern. The procedure involves removing the excess fat deposits and tightening the skin to result in more well-defined jawline and neck.
However, not everyone is a good candidate for the treatment. Individuals considering neck liposuction in Manhattan should be carefully evaluated by a reliable plastic surgeon to ensure that their overall aim of a getting a natural, slender and sleek shape to the neck can be achieved. Neck liposuction is a suitable option for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Have disproportional areas of localized fat: The procedure removes excess fat in the region of the neck. By targeting problem areas or areas that have more fat than others, liposuction can make your body look proportional.
- Have good skin elasticity: When fat is removed, loose skin can be unsightly if you do not have adequate elasticity to allow your skin to adjust to its new shape.
- Are in good health: Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions are good candidates for this procedure. Medical conditions could impair your healing and you would recover fast if you are a healthy person.
- Stop taking medications, vitamins, and supplements: Stop taking the medications, vitamins, and supplements you take on a regular basis as it can put you at greater risk of excessive bleeding, both during and after surgery. Some medications contain blood thinners (such as warfarin). Better consult with your surgeon and see if the medications, vitamins and supplements could be taken safely during the time of procedure. You may also need to consult with your primary care doctor about the best way to safely stop taking any prescription blood thinners to reduce your risk of excessive bleeding.
- Non-smokers: Avoid smoking prior to and following the surgery as smoking can reduce blood flow and compromise healing.
- Not substantially overweight: An ideal candidate should be in their ideal weight because liposuction is not a weight loss tool. This procedure works best for patients who are already near their ideal weight.
- Are ready to stop drinking alcohol before and after the procedure, as advised: Alcohol thins the blood, which may put you at risk of excessive bleeding both during and after the liposuction procedure and it may also lead to longer healing times and poor wound healing, which in turn, can leave you with scars. Patients are usually advised to deinking alcohol at least 2 weeks prior to and after the surgery.
- Either quit or avoid tobacco use: Smoking slows down the healing process and increases the risk for complications. It reduces the blood flow to the treatment which can increase possible complications.
Having realistic expectations, a positive outlook, and specific body contouring goals is also important to be a good candidate for neck liposuction.
Though traditional liposuction can address excess neck fat and sagging skin, it is an invasive procedure. Leading plastic surgeons in Manhattan perform laser liposuction using Smartlipo. Minimally invasive laser lipolysis can address fat pockets in almost all areas of the body and is especially ideal for delicate areas like the chin and neck. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. Only a small incision is required which will be hidden under the chin, making any scars hardly visible. It involves little downtime and recovery is much faster, with less bruising, discomfort, and swelling.
This advanced cosmetic procedure performed by a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon specialized in the Smartlipo NYC can
- Improve the neck profile
- Restore definition to your face
- Create a softer and more youthful appearance
Choosing an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility for neck liposuction in Manhattan is important as such facilities offer the services of experienced and skilled plastic surgeons.