Excess fat under chin and neck makes people look heavier and older than they are. The condition is often difficult to address with diet and exercise. Double chin liposuction in NYC is a safe and effective cosmetic surgical procedure to get rid of that excess fat and achieve a well-defined jawline.
Discover the transformative benefits of double chin liposuction in NYC!
A double chin can be caused by age, weight gain, genetics, skin laxity and lifestyle factors.
It can be corrected in three ways.
- Chin liposuction – the removal of excess fat from the chin.
- Submentoplasty – combines chin liposuction and muscle tightening.
- A neck lift (lower rhytidectomy) – improves chin contour by removing excess skin or tightening the neck and skin muscles.
Smartlipo laser liposuction is a minimally-invasive liposuction technique that can remove stubborn chin fat and improve the contours of the lower face, neck and jaw line. The procedure can lift sagging jowls and tone the neck area to provide a shapely chin and well contoured jawline. It can restore facial balance and harmony without noticeable scarring.
Double Chin Liposuction Using Smartlipo Triplex
The Smartlipo Triplex workstation is a safe, efficient FDA-approved lipolysis device that features three powerful laser wavelengths – 1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm. The device delivers laser energy directly to the targeted area, liquefies the excess fat and facilitates its easy removal. The treatment also coagulates the tissues and tightens the skin. The device’s unique intelligent delivery systems – SmartSense™, ThermaGuide™ and ThermaView™ ensure controlled energy delivery and prevent overtreatment.
Laser liposuction of the chin is performed on an outpatient basis using local anesthesia. Small incisions are made at the treatment site to insert the Smartlipo cannula and deliver laser energy to target the excess fat. The heat liquefies the fat, allowing it to be gently suctioned off. Chin lipo can rejuvenate your appearance and improve your facial profile.
Advantages of Double Chin Liposuction with Smartlipo
- Performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia
- Needs only tiny incisions
- Targets the excess fat safely and precisely
- Controlled delivery of energy
- Reduced surgical trauma
- Minimal pain, bleeding and discomfort
- Post-op period much easier to handle than conventional liposuction surgery
Who Can Undergo The Procedure?
Though the procedure is minimally-invasive, not everyone is a good candidate for double chin laser liposuction. Individuals considering this procedure should be carefully evaluated by a reliable plastic surgeon to determine if their aesthetic goals can be achieved. Generally, this procedure is a suitable option for candidates who are healthy and have a good facial structure and firm muscles. Patients who have loose extra skin can improve outcomes with a chin tuck along with their liposuction treatment. In a chin tuck, the excess fat and skin is removed surgically and the skin is pulled tautly across the neck.
Recovering from Double Chin Liposuction
It comes with a short recovery period. Results will improve over time as the skin tightens. Outcomes are permanent and the fat will not grow back unless you experience substantial weight gain.
Healing will normally take one to two weeks. You’ll need to take one week off from work. It will take slightly longer before you can return to routine. It may take several months before all the swelling goes down. Learn what to expect after one week of double chin liposuction.
Here are some things you should know about the recovery phase:
- You will need to rest for at least 24 hours after the procedure
- Bruising and swelling may last for a few weeks
- You will be advised to wear a neck compression garment for a few days to help decrease swelling
- Using cold packs can reduce pain and swelling
- You need to keep your head elevated when sleeping
- Light walking during the initial post-op phase can improve blood circulation
- Avoid strenuous exercises for about 2 weeks
Say goodbye to excess chin and neck fat that can make you look older.
Smartlipo is one of the best techniques to achieve a sleek, well-defined, attractive chin and jaw line. If you are considering double chin liposuction in NYC, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that has liposuction surgeons who are experts in performing the procedure. This can make a big difference to your outcome. Moreover, in an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice, you can expect end-to-end care and support all through the treatment and until you have fully recovered.