Liposuction is not a solution for weight loss or obesity, but a plastic surgery procedure that removes stubborn deposits of fat from various areas of the body.
If you are trying to achieve a trimmer body but are struggling with excess fat that is resistant to even rigorous diet and exercise, liposuction could be the answer. Liposuction in New York is one of the best known and most requested plastic surgery treatments. According to a recent report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), a total of 258,558 liposuctions were performed in 2018, an increase of 5% from 2017. Liposuction ranked among the five top cosmetic surgical procedures last year, along with breast augmentation, nose reshaping, eyelid surgery and tummy tuck. However, compare to other procedures, there seem to be more misconceptions regarding what liposuction can do. One question that most patients ask is: “Do you lose weight after liposuction?”
If you are considering any procedure, it’s important to understand its possibilities and limitations. Like all other cosmetic surgical treatments, liposuction in New York City, offers many benefits, but there are certain things it can and cannot do that patients should know about.
- Liposuction is a body contouring procedure not a weight-loss method: Neither conventional nor minimally-invasive liposuction is a weight loss solution. It can only help those who are close to their ideal weight and have failed to eliminate those last few pounds through diet and exercise.Diet and exercise target internal fat- the fat inside your abdomen around your organs.Losing internal fat through diet and exercise will help the heart, promote health and extend life span. However, the fat that is removed in liposuction is external fat under the skin. Body liposuction permanently removes localized deposits of fat or fat from various areas of the body. However, to stay in the shape you achieve via liposuction, you need to maintain a healthy life style post-treatment. Maintaining a stable weight is the key to maintaining lipo results.
- Liposuction improves overall appearance: Patients should not expect to lose a significant amount of weight with liposuction. However, since fat is removed from important areas, liposuction can produce significant improvements in your overall appearance. There is a limit to the amount of fat that can be removed at a time through the laser-assisted Smartlipobody sculpting procedure. There are guidelines as to the amount of fat that can be safely removed from the body using liposuction. Patients can ask their plastic surgeon about the amount of fat that can be removed in their specific case.
- Smartlipo energizes your weight loss efforts: Though liposuction is not a weight loss solution, it helps patients close to their ideal weight to achieve a trimmer, well-shaped body. The attractive body contour you achieve after this advanced body sculpting procedure would really energize your weight loss efforts and encourage you to keep your weight in check and maintaining the results long-term.
There are some things you can do to improve your recovery experience and liposuction outcomes:
- Wear the right clothes: The clothes you wear should not pose a hindrance to recovery. Follow your surgeon’s instructions on wearing a compression garment.
- Take care of the incision: Take proper care of the incision to minimize risks of infection. Keep the area clean by changing the bandages as necessary.
- Take care of your scar: Using your fingers to rub the scar can minimize it. This will stimulate blood flow and increase the flow of skin-rejuvenating oxygen and nutrients to the area. If your surgeon recommends an ointment, use it. Avoid exposing the scar to sunlight for at least one year.
- Take the recommended medications: Make sure you take the medications that your surgeon prescribes to manage pain and discomfort.
- Keep your post-op appointments: Meet your surgeon as scheduled. Your surgeon will monitor recovery progress at the post-op visits and give you further instructions to speed healing.
Watch out for complications. If you notice anything unusual, contact your surgeon immediately and schedule an appointment.
Established plastic surgery facilities in NYC offer scientifically proven weight loss programs to help men and women stay in good shape after body sculpting treatment. Managing your metabolism and maintaining your weight matter a lot when it comes to retaining the results of laser liposuction in NYC.
In proper hands, with proper removal of fat, your body contour can change dramatically and be much more attractive. Go to an experienced plastic surgeon for Smartlipo or liposuction in New York, so that the surgeon can provide you the best option for your own unique case that will ensure optimal outcome. Choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that can provide the service of skilled and experienced plastic surgeons in this particular procedure and may also offer you complete assistance. Apart from effective liposuction procedures to zap excess body fat, the surgeons also offer weight management programs to help their patients maintain the excellent results.