Typically caused by weight gain, aging and genetics, facial fat is very difficult to get rid of. Losing weight can help but often, not to the desired extent. For such people, facial liposuction may be the perfect option. The procedure removes unwanted fat deposits from face and neck and enhances your facial appearance. Leading plastic surgery practices offering facial liposuction in NYC customize the treatment to meet individual goals.
Here are some other effective ways to lose fat and slim down your face:
- Reduce Salt Consumption – Higher intake of sodium encourages your body to store extra water, as salt is an active ingredient that causes bloating or fluid retention. This in turn contributes to the facial puffiness and swelling. Therefore, it may be advisable to avoid salty foods and eat healthy foods. In addition, cutting out convenience foods, savory snacks and processed meats can help reduce your sodium intake. Getting a sun tan will also help reduce water retention.
- Stay hydrated – If you are looking to lose facial fat, drinking plenty of water is very important. Experts recommend drinking at least nine 8-ounce glasses of water a day. If you drink adequate water, the body will flush out all the unnecessary water, thereby decreasing fluid retention. This helps prevent bloating and puffiness in your face.
- Regular Exercise – Doing facial exercises can improve facial appearance, combat aging and strengthen and tone the facial muscles, making your face appear thinner. Popular facial exercises include puffing out your cheeks and pushing the air from side to side, and puckering your lips on alternating sides and holding a smile while clenching your teeth for several seconds at a time. According to one study, doing facial muscle exercises twice a day for eight weeks could increase muscle thickness and improve facial rejuvenation. Doing aerobic exercises such as jogging or brisk walking and following an active lifestyle can help you achieve a slimmer face and body.
- Sleep for at least eight hours – Catching up on sleep may help you lose facial fat. Sleeping for at least eight hours every night could help you shed excess pounds and reduce facial fat.
- Limit Consumption of Alcohol – Alcohol intake can contribute to increased facial fat and bloating. It may advisable to keep your alcohol consumption in check to control alcohol-induced bloating and weight gain.
- Eat lots of Fruits and Vegetables: Eat whole grains, fruits and vegetables and less meat and dairy. Eating at least three servings of fruits and three servings of vegetables every day will fill you up and help you stay away from junk food. Fruits and vegetables contain water that can help you stay hydrated. In addition, they are filled with fiber that provides many health benefits. You should eat apples, oranges, all sorts of berries and grapefruit, as they are low GI carbohydrates and packed with anti-oxidants.
If these simple strategies don’t provide the desired results, Smartlipo Triplex laser liposuction could help. An experienced NYC liposuction surgeon can use the capabilities of the device to remove excess fat from different areas of the face such as under the chin along the jaw line, neck, cheeks and jowls and help you achieve a more youthful facial contour. It is important to maintain realistic expectations and follow your surgeon’s pre-op and post-surgical instructions for optimal outcomes and smooth recovery. Having the treatment in an accredited facility is recommended as these facilities meet strict national standards for equipment, operating room safety, personnel and surgeon credentials.