The abdomen is one of the common areas where excess fat tends to accumulate easily. In fact, a “belly pooch” or a protruding tummy is a common aesthetic concern among both men and women. Several factors like genetics, aging, pregnancy, hormonal imbalances, poor diet and stress can result in stubborn fat buildup, which is not easy to get rid of even with stringent diets and rigorous exercise. Abdominal liposuction in Manhattan is an ideal option to remove subcutaneous fat that lies beneath the skin and on top of the abdominal muscle wall. Performed using the advanced laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex device, the minimally-invasive procedure removes excess fat and simultaneously tightens the overlying skin to provide a tighter, trimmer and toned midsection.
The Smartlipo Triplex workstation uses an optimal blend of three laser wavelengths (1440nm, 1320 nm, and 1064 nm) to liquefy the fat cells and tighten the skin safely and effectively. Its three intelligent delivery systems SmartSense™, ThermaView™ and ThermaGuide™ deliver the laser energy in the right proportion and prevent overtreatment. The laser energy coagulates the small blood vessels to minimize bleeding, swelling and bruising. Other additional benefits of this New York body sculpting treatment include –
- High-definition body sculpting
- Short treatment time
- Minimal scarring
- Outpatient procedure
- Performed using local anesthesia
- Effective tightening of the underlying tissue
- Quicker healing and recovery than conventional liposuction
What to Expect After Abdominal Liposuction?
To obtain the best results, the patient needs to be an ideal candidate for the procedure. Ideal candidates have excess fat in the abdominal area, are close to their normal weight, have good skin elasticity and are healthy, without any underlying medical conditions.
Though the safety and efficacy of Smartlipo technology is well-established, prospective patients need to be well aware about the about the significance of proper postoperative care. As the procedure is performed under local anesthesia, most patients return home the same day. Minor swelling which is quite normal after the procedure will subside soon. However, it is possible to speed up the recovery process if the patient takes extra care and follows the plastic surgeon’s instructions diligently. In short, planning well ahead for the post-operative period and following the plastic surgeon’s instructions carefully can help patients easily overcome any discomfort and risk of complications associated with the procedure.
Here are the top post-operative care tips that patients need to follow after liposuction surgery –
- Plastic surgeons usually recommend the use a compression garment to reduce bleeding and swelling. A compression garment is a close fitting elastic garment worn after a surgical procedure once the bandages in the incision areas have been removed. Plastic surgeons may suggest wearing the compression garment for the first two weeks after the procedure as this will support the tissues, improve drainage, ease discomfort, and promote faster recovery.
- Take adequate rest and sleep on your stomach till the time advised by the surgeon.
- Take the pain medications as instructed to reduce pain and discomfort after the procedure. However, refrain from taking blood thinning drugs or medications.
- Maintain a well-balanced, healthy diet. Experts recommend a protein-rich diet as this will provide extra nourishment to promote faster tissue healing and quicker recovery. Similarly, limit the intake of salts, sugars, and saturated fats as this interfere with blood flow and impair the healing process.
- Do not apply ice-packs or a heating pad to the treated areas.
- Drink plenty of water after the procedure to facilitate healing. Frequent hydration helps control hunger, preserves a healthy metabolism, and helps digestion.
- Refrain from performing strenuous activities such as lifting heavy objects or performing vigorous physical exercises for at least three to four weeks following the surgery to ensure smooth recovery. Light activity and low intensity, lower body exercises can be resumed soon. Light walking is recommended to promote good blood flow and prevent blood clots from developing. Make sure to follow the plastic surgeon’s advice regarding exercise.
- Keep the incisions dry and clean as this help reduce the risk of infections. Avoid swimming or taking shower during the full duration of recovery as drenching the treated area(s) can increase the risk of infection and slow the body’s healing processes.
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption before and two weeks after surgery as it can impair healing and increase the risk of complications.
- If any unusual signs of infection are noticed during the healing period, contact your plastic surgeon immediately.
The success of the abdomen liposuction depends on several factors such as the age, gender, history of weight gain and weight loss, history of pregnancy, and amount and location of abdominal fat. The final results are usually seen within six months or after the body has completely healed.
The plastic surgeon’s experience and skill are important factors in determining the success of the procedure. So if you are planning to undergo abdominal laser liposuction surgery in New York City, find a reliable AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that has plastic surgeons with extensive experience in performing the procedure.