Gynecomastia, the condition of severe breast enlargement in men, causes psychological trauma and emotional embarrassment. Gynecomastia surgery is designed to remove the excess fatty breast tissue. Leading plastic surgeons perform the procedure using minimally-invasive, FDA-approved laser liposuction technology to result a well-contoured, manlier physique. While this is a widely accepted treatment, not all men are good candidates. Here are the major criteria that go to determine your candidature for this plastic surgery procedure:
- Presence of excess breast tissue and skin which affects the appearance of the chest
- Have diet and exercise resistant fat in the chest area
- Face embarrassment due to the over-developed chest
- Condition causes negative psychological effects including loss of self-esteem and confidence
- Have physical discomfort due to oversized breasts
- Not currently taking any medication which can cause gynecomastia
- Are in good physical and mental health with no serious medical conditions which may compromise recovery
- Breast development has stabilized
- The condition has lasted for about 12 months or longer
- Have a normal body weight
- Have good skin elasticity
- Have specific and reasonable expectations of the outcome
It is recommended that men wait till after puberty to have the procedure as pubertal gynecomastia can resolve over time.
Laser enabled treatment for the condition is considered an ideal option as it involves minimal scarring, bleeding or bruising, and less pain and discomfort, all of which speed up recovery. Gynecomastia surgery can result in well-defined a manly chest so that you are no longer embarrassed when you take off your shirt at the beach or wear a slim fit tee shirt.