Gynecomastia or overly large male breasts affects many adolescents and men. The condition is caused by the presence of dense glandular tissue beneath the nipple and extra fat in the chest area. Though it is not a serious issue, the condition can cause psychological or emotional problems. Male breast reduction or gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan addresses male breast growth by removing excess localized fat and skin, and results in a firmer and more well-defined chest.
Get a more well-defined chest with gynecomastia treatment at Park Avenue Smart Lipo™.
To learn more, call 1-888-869-2762.
Steps in the Gynecomastia Surgery Procedure
Plastic surgeons in Manhattan use the Smartlipo Triplex device to perform male breast reduction. The procedure removes excess fat, tightens excess skin, and reshapes the chest using laser technology. A skilled surgeon can sculpt the chest area to provide a smooth and toned appearance.
- As the first step, the plastic surgeon will make small incisions in the treatment site and inject a local anesthetic to numb it.
- Laser energy will be delivered through the incisions using the cannula of the Smartlipo device to target the excess chest fat and liquefy it. This laser liposuction procedure combines a superior mix of energy levels using 3 laser wavelengths (1440, 1064 and 1320 nm), allowing for efficient melting of the fat, tissue coagulation, and skin tightening.
- The liquefied fat is gently suctioned out. The surgeon can use the capabilities of the device to tighten the tissue and provide a well-defined, contoured chest area.
Gynecomastia treatment offers various benefits:
- Enhances posture and relieves back pain
- Allows you to wear better-fitting clothing without worrying about how you look.
- Can increase your self-esteem and confidence
- Makes it possible for you to engage in physical activities like running, swimming, and exercising more comfortably and without feeling self-conscious
Advantages of Smartlipo Triplex
SmartLipo male breast reduction comes with a number of advantages over standard liposuction surgery:
- Laser energy encourages the creation of collagen.
- Provides 60% more skin tightening.
- Significantly less bleeding, edema, and bruising.
- Minimally-invasive procedure that needs only local anesthesia.
- Short recovery time
- Smartlipo’s intelligent delivery systems prevent overtreatment.
Recovering from Gynecomastia
Following gynecomastia surgery, dressings or bandages will be placed over your incisions in order to reduce swelling and support your new chest contour as it heals. Drains won’t be used, and the recovery period is usually painless. Daily activities can be resumed as the swelling goes down, usually about a week after the treatment. Approximately two weeks after the treatment, based on how fast you heal, you can start lifting weights and doing other workouts again.
Who is a Good Candidate for Male Breast Reduction?
If you have gynecomastia and want to get a masculine chest, you are probably an excellent candidate for male breast reduction. Additionally, you must also:
- Be in good general health
- Have reasonable goals and expectations
- Be able to maintain a steady, healthy weight
- Have healthy skin with good elasticity
- Not smoke or be ready to quit before the surgery and during recovery.
Treatment for gynecomastia is available as a stand-alone technique or as a component of body contouring surgery. To get the best results from Smartlipo gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan, NYC, select a reliable plastic surgery clinic. To help you achieve your goal of a manly physique, a skilled liposuction surgeon will assess your concerns and develop a customized treatment plan. In an AAAASF-accredited facility, you can expect comprehensive care until full recovery.