When even proper diet and strenuous exercise don’t’ work to get rid of those stubborn pockets of fat, liposuction in New York City could help. This body contouring procedure removes unwanted fat from various areas, tightens the skin and improves definition, enhancing your overall appearance. However, not everyone is a good candidate for liposuction.
Before you get liposuction, your plastic surgeons will decide if you are a good candidate for the surgery based on various considerations, including your weight, skin quality, and overall health.
Liposuction in New York City is performed using laser-assisted Smartlipo technology. The treatment could be the right option for you –
- If you have tried diets and workouts but still have stubborn areas of fat.
- If you are not obese and are at your ideal weight: the amount of fat that can be removed via liposuction depends on factors such as your overall health, BMI (Body Mass Index) and ability to handle the recovery stage. Ideal candidates for Smartlipo laser liposuction are within 30% of their ideal weight.
- If you do not have any serious illnesses and are not under any regular medication: laser liposuction is not recommended for people who take medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), aspirin, or anticoagulants such as Coumadin (warfarin) that can increase the risk of bleeding.
- If you’re aim is not weight loss: though liposuction treatment removes stubborn fat cells from the different areas of the body, it is not a weight loss procedure. This treatment is not a fix for obesity.
- If you are over 18 years of age and you have good skin elasticity: With poor skin elasticity, the skin in the treated areas may appear loose. That’s why people with poor skin elasticity are not suitable candidates for Smartlipo laser liposuction in NYC. The skin will look smooth after the procedure only in people with good skin tone and elasticity.
- If you are not a chronic smoker: plastic surgeons recommend that smokers quit smoking at least 3 weeks prior to getting liposuction.
Plastic surgeons in NYC are experts in using the FDA approved, laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex workstation to perform liposuction. Compared to traditional liposuction, laser liposuction provides benefits such as – minimal scarring, bleeding and swelling, speedy recovery, and long-lasting results.