According to Statista, liposuction was the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure in the United States in 2021. Liposuction in Manhattan is an ideal method to address unwanted fat that does not respond to even strict diets and rigorous exercise. It can eliminate pockets of stubborn fat in various parts of the body including abdomen, face, neck, upper arm, love handle, buttocks, breasts, and thighs.
If you are planning to undergo liposuction, there are certain things you should be aware about. At the time of consultation, you must provide your surgeon with a clear idea of your health status. This is especially important if you are taking certain medications since a long time or undergoing any treatment. There are medicines that can create complications like heavy bleeding after liposuction. Let’s take a look at what medicines you should avoid at least two weeks before and after the procedure.
You must avoid medicines that fall under the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen and Aleve even before the procedure as these drugs would stick to blood platelets and prevent coagulation of blood. In addition, you should avoid supplements like vitamin E that slow down the process of blood clotting. Another drug to discontinue before liposuction is Coumadin, which is given to prevent clots.
Medications to avoid before liposuction include:
- Aspirin: 4-Way Cold Tabs, Adprin-B products, Anacin Products, Arthra-G, Arthritis Pain Formula, Flurbiprofen, Pabalate products, Magnesium Salicylate, Darvon Compound-65, Sodium Salicylate, Supac, and so on
- Ibuprofen: Aleve, Cataflam, Diclofenac, Etodolac, Flurbiprofen, Feldene, Indocin products, lbuprin, Ketoprofen, Toradol, Voltaren, Lodine and so forth.
- Herbal Supplements: Accutrim, BC Tablets, Contac, Fragmin Injection, Heparin, Pentoxyfylline, Ru-Tuss, Virbamycin, Children’s Advil, Enoxaparin Injection, Hydrocortisone, Salatin, Anexsia and so on
- Vitamin E or Tricyclic Antidepressants: Adapin, Protriptyline, Desipramine, Janimine, Amoxapine, Doxepin, Pertofrane, Trimipramine, Vivactil and so on
- Diet Pills or Supplements Medications: Phentermine
After the procedure, your surgeon might prescribe medications to ease pain and inflammation, and taking these can ease any discomfort you feel. It is necessary to follow your surgeon’s advice for safe healing and optimal results.
Plastic surgeons in Manhattan perform liposuction using a breakthrough laser assisted Smartlipo Triplex device. This modality delivers three different laser wavelengths such as 1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm for liquefying excess fat, coagulating tissues and tightens the skin. They customize the treatment according to the aesthetic needs of the patients. This minimally invasive procedure is performed under local anesthesia.
If you are planning to have laser liposuction in NYC, choose an experienced plastic surgeon. An expert will provide the right guidance to make to make your surgical experience safe, smooth and comfortable.
5 Main Reasons Why Men Choose Laser Liposuction
Tips For Fast And Smooth Recovery After Laser Liposuction In NYC
6 Things You Should Consider Before You Get Liposuction Treatment