Laser liposuction surgery is a popular option to get rid of stubborn fat and achieve a well-shaped body. Plastic surgeons in NYC practices perform this procedure using FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex technology, helping men and women achieve their body contouring goals safely. The minimally invasive workstation allows the surgeon to remove excess fat deposits quite effortlessly. The procedure involves minimal downtime and side effects.
Prospective patients ask their surgeon a lot of questions about the procedure, especially about what to expect during recovery. Recovery will differ from case to case, though patients have an important role in the process. Healing and outcomes depend to a great extent on how patients manage the post-op phase. Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about recovery after laser lipo treatment:
- When can I go back to work? If your job does not involve much physical stress, you can return in two days’ time. Many people choose to have the procedure on Friday so that they can get back on Monday, without taking a single day off work.
- How long should I wear the compression garment? Compression garments are usually worn till fluid drainage stops. Generally, your surgeon will recommend that you wear the compression garment 24×7 for the first 3 weeks. After that, you may have to wear it only at night for another 3 weeks.
- How long should I take the pain medications? Unlike the traditional procedure, laser lipo involves only minimal pain. You may feel a little sore for a week and will be advised to take pain medication only for a few days.
- When can I resume exercise? Take quiet rest for the first few hours immediately after the procedure. You can engage in light physical activity one to two days after the treatment. Light activity like general household chores and easy walking helps avoid blood clots after surgery. You can slowly increase exercise as your body tolerates it. Surgeons provide specific advice on this matter based on patient considerations.
- When can I expect to see results? Outcomes are usually visible within just a few days following the treatment and will continue to improve for up to six months.
- Will I need further lipo treatments? Most patients achieve their goals with one single treatment, provided there are no rare complications.
Reliable Manhattan liposuction surgeons provide excellent follow-up and support during the recovery phase. However, it is up to you to follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully to ensure a smooth and safe recovery.